New to ACA...

Old 09-05-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to ACA...

Hi all..John, an Adult Child. I have been dipping my toe in ACA for a couple of weeks. I am 13 years sober in AA, so it is time for some deeper digging. I found ACA in the NE USA but have only attended one meeting. This is because I no linger live there...I live on a remote island in Greece (no joke) and while there is superb AA here, no ACA to be found in the country. So I need some guidance from Fellow Travelers, etc...I have the Big Red Book and the Yellow Work Book.

Thanks!
John
Old 09-05-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're off to a great start! If there's no ACA in Greece, you might have to find someone in AA who wants to start a group. The yellow book is really good -- I'm going through it with a sponsor for the second time. Not advisable to try to do it on your own -- it's pretty intense stuff -- but if you can get a sponsor, or just someone who's got a lot of the same life story, you can go through the book together and just both of you scribble down answers to the questions in each section, then talk about them.

My grandparents came over from Greece about 100 years ago -- I've never been there, nor do I speak the language, but I have retained a taste for Greek food!

Good luck,

T
Old 09-05-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi! Welcome to the forum. It is a little quiet this weekend. It is Labor Day weekend here in the U.S. but if you have any questions, concerns, thoughts to share we would all be happy to help. I have a friend in England in AA who couldn't find ACOA meetings near him so he got together with a couple of AA friends and they started their own group.
Welcome to the club
Old 09-05-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi John, welcome! Have you read through our stickies posted above? They are a wealth of information and good place to formulate your thoughts and questions. Greece looks amazing, those white building and deep blue sky and sea.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdcm1965 View Post
Hi all..John, an Adult Child. I have been dipping my toe in ACA for a couple of weeks. I am 13 years sober in AA, so it is time for some deeper digging. I found ACA in the NE USA but have only attended one meeting. This is because I no linger live there...I live on a remote island in Greece (no joke) and while there is superb AA here, no ACA to be found in the country. So I need some guidance from Fellow Travelers, etc...I have the Big Red Book and the Yellow Work Book.

Thanks!
John
Hi john

Mark here... Aca too.

I had an email from an aca in Greece the other week who was looking for a sponsor. I'm not exactly sure where in Greece, or whether it was mainland or islands.

Anyway, if you like I'llask if they'd like to make contact? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

As for red or yellow book stuff.. Just fire away. I am a fellow traveller.

LiF

Mark
Old 09-12-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

... Just thought but there are a good number of aca skype meetings. They're a very good addition to my little support network along with f2f aca meetings, here and some correspondence aca support.