To meet him or not

Old 09-04-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To meet him or not

So husband is flying back to town tonight. He lands in a few hours. From the airport, he is going to a detox center. That is great. I set it up for him, yes I know he should have done that himself but he was traveling on business. The center will pick him up at the airport if we want. He wants me to come get him and take him.

Half of me can't stand the thought of even looking at him right now. The other half just wants to give him a great big hug and take him down, tell him l love him (like last time he went to rehab).

I am not sure I can handle looking at him (I am afraid I may kill him on site and there are just so many cops at the airport, kidding of course), but the sappy side of me loves the man I have been married to for 15 years, most of them good.

So, any ideas? Let the rehab get him or go get him and take him.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostWife15044 View Post
So husband is flying back to town tonight. He lands in a few hours. From the airport, he is going to a detox center. That is great. I set it up for him, yes I know he should have done that himself but he was traveling on business. The center will pick him up at the airport if we want. He wants me to come get him and take him.

Half of me can't stand the thought of even looking at him right now. The other half just wants to give him a great big hug and take him down, tell him l love him (like last time he went to rehab).

I am not sure I can handle looking at him (I am afraid I may kill him on site and there are just so many cops at the airport, kidding of course), but the sappy side of me loves the man I have been married to for 15 years, most of them good.

So, any ideas? Let the rehab get him or go get him and take him.
Let him go to rehab himself.
then can you go visit and bring him a nice treat.
not sure how it works, but when people go visit in the hospital
bringing flowers or their favorite food is nice.
Can you do something similar to show support, but let him take all the initiative and responsibility for the actual steps he has to go through.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello LostWife,

Did you take him? Did he make it on his own? How are you today?

Will he segue into a rehab from detox?

Please take care of you during this time that you know he's 'safe.'

Peace!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am late coming in here but this is one situation where doing what you feel is right in your heart comes in to play. He is making a positive move and as long as this is not a ploy to see you and then not going to detox at all, it's a good thing.

If you are comfortable being involved, do so with caution. If you are not, you are perfectly entitled to sit on the sidelines and let the actions speak for themselves.

Good luck either way, I know this must hurt your heart.

Hugs