Notices

Looking For people who had withdrawal seizures

Old 09-03-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking For people who had withdrawal seizures

Did anyone experience withdrawal seizures and what was your long term outcome after it?
I am not asking for medical advice at all.
I am just curious about how others have responded to this for the long run.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you're not looking for medical advice Frana but can I just say to everyone reading:

anyone who is remotely concerned with the possibility of seizures really needs to see a Dr.

D
Old 09-03-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had an alcohol related seizure a long time ago, but fortunately, I was in a treatment center that was part of a hospital. They gave me a Cat-Scan and I think an EEG. I was put on anti-seizure medication for the next several months. I didn't have any long-term problems because of it. But I do have a large scar on my forehead from hitting the kitchen counter as I went down.
I'd hate to think of how things might of turned out if I was home alone. So, if your concerned, like Dee said, see your doctor. John
Old 09-04-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Seizures can be pretty serious, best checking in with a Dr for some medical advice!!
Old 09-04-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also had a seizure. My experience was pretty much the same as 2muchpain ^^ above except I don't have a scar. I did however fall into a cupboard type thing with the TV on top and I had bad bruising. I still take medication and I check in with my consultant neurologist about once a year. I haven't had any problems since I gave up drinking and stick to a healthy lifestyle. It's safe to say that my problem was entirely alcohol related.

So yeah, I would go to the hospital.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had a seizure 3 years ago, luckily while in detox, broke my index finger when I fell. I came to in hospital three days later. Withdrawals can be very dangerous. Take no chances if you are concerned, Frana; see a doctor.