Notices

36 Days

Old 09-01-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

36 Days

Finally figured out how many days I actually have.

As I sit here, absolutely nothing has happened with my husbands job. I guess the owner doesn't care. This has been a major source of stress for me but I am learning how to deal with it better each day.

I just don't understand how someone can uncover theft, then be run off and then basically have to go out and find another job. Meanwhile the one who stole is still working. It seems wrong to me.

I'm learning how to better deal with life as it happens sober. I've had to learn patience which is EXTREMELY difficult. Never had that virtue to begin with. But I find that if I ride it out, it does get a little better and passes. I'm a work in progresss. It's forcing me to think about other positive options.

Just wanted to check in.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

36 days is awesome, Peanut!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Has your dh reported the theft to someone outside of the business? Whistle blowers have some protections under the law. I urge him to tell what he knows and suspects for his future credibility. Another reason for doing this is for his own protection. It's really easy to place blame on someone who has left an agency. The thief is still there, still has access to the books and $$, and is aware that your dh is a threat. If she's causing this much stress now, she may have a plan for accusing your dh. She doesn't even have to prove anything. Rumors would be enough to hurt his chance for a new job.

Good luck in dealing with such a mess. I hope i am reading your words wrong and that the situation is not bad at all. Either way, it's good that you are staying strong.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 36 is fantastic Peanut!!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Peanut
Old 09-01-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My wife dealt with the exact same thing and it was giving her nervous breakdowns daily and almost sparked alcoholism, almost. She was also getting work suspension w/pay to deal with stress, seeing a therapist, and having problems actually making it into work, it was a really rough time for her.

One day she had enough and just quit, I was surprised but then relieved at the same time. However, I wasn't working at all, we had lots of bills to pay, car payment to make and we had to move out of our house in a month or so due to our lease running out.

That was 4 years ago and she is a lot better off now. Oh and the bosses causing all the corruption eventually got in trouble. I'm glad she got out of there before it got bad like that.

I know it seems like corruption just keeps going on with no justice etc. it eventually happens though, whether some do-gooder is making things right or the person messes up, which they usually do, either way its up to you to let it get you down or not. Easier said than done, seriously.

Looking back my wife and are both very very glad she quit even though we were in the midst of a financial crisis.

Hope this helps you out in your situation,

Congrats on 36 days! Glad you are not giving in as its so very hard not to in times like this.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on 36 days peanut. Keep at it.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

36 days is awesome, Peanut.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There is actually a paper trail with 3 different thefts that are all her.
There is nothing she can change with the books because the owner has duplicate copies. Right before she ran him off, she shredded about 5 hefty bags of stuff.

I'm just shocked that the owner, who has all of this information, isn't doing anything with it. It's like he's hoping it will somehow go away on its on.

My husband is aware of the whistle blower laws and he is looking into calling an attorney.

And yes, this is putting a constant nagging stress on not only my recovery but truthfully our marriage.

I feel like I'm dealing with my recovery, my own very stressful job and his stuff.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope all this work kerfuffle is close to an end peanut. Congrats on 36 days