I have finally filed for divorce

Old 08-30-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have finally filed for divorce

I'm honestly too tired to go into the details, but anyone married to an alcoholic probably already knows those details... because our stories are so damn similar.

No more excuses, I finally filed for divorce this week. He's been out of my home most of 2 months and it has been sad but very peaceful.

To those of you who gave me advice before, thank you.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((MrsD))) I'm so happy you are making a step towards your next new exciting chapter of living YOUR life in peace. God knows you tried with HIM being such a central part of it!
Old 08-30-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MrsD....thank you soo much for posting to let us know how you are doing.
I am, also, glad to hear that you have been able to take this step to do what you need to do.

As we know....sometimes, the hardest thing and the right thing are the same....

Keep posting and let us know how things are going for you....

dandylion
Old 08-30-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I applaud your courage because I've been there. You're an inspiration to us all. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Guess you'll be changing your tag name to Ms. D pretty soon, huh?

Old 09-01-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((HUGS))) and happiness to you.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just an update on this & a little bit of an angry vent.

He messaged & said he got an apartment & he wants to come pick up his tv in the basement because he's "having his cable hooked up."

Errr... last I heard he had no money & was living in a tent. We never even had cable here, I can't afford it. We have bottom of of the line internet just to get by.

So anyway... I took that opportunity to ask for his new address to give the the lawyer handling the case. (Pro bono through the Legal Aid Society, by the way, in case anyone in my situation wants to check into this.) It took ELEVEN texts for him to give me the address, he was making excuses. Turns it, it's the most expensive luxury apartment complex in the area, with pools and tennis courts.. he's quite the tennis player. I looked it up and a basic one bedroom apartment costs more than the monthly rent of my 3 bedroom ranch with a full basement in a nice neighborhood.

So... I don't know what's going on... if he's been hiding money somewhere or if momma's swooping in again to save him.. but the term that comes to mind is WTF. Not that any of it matters. I just know that I skipped lunch every darn day for 2 years at my former job delivering auto parts just so that I could have enough money for the essentials for my family while he was sitting in my home day drinking.

But on the bright side, seeing this kind of blatant douchbagery helps me come to terms with divorce. I feel like a total fool, but it helps.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

MrsD,

Got to know your story after I saw a post from you in my thread. Thanks for that.

I am happy to hear that you are getting free of the crazy. I have been through it before (about to be through it again) and it will be such a relief for you to be totally free of it.

The thing with the cable TV was sort of a manipulation and people like us are very easily affected by them. So don't feel bad about feeling bad about it. We got accustomed to the chaos in a weird way just like they got addicted to their substances. How wonderful will it be when you have NONE of it to worry about any more?

This was just a reach back to try and pull you into the chaos since he can see how well you are doing and how strong you are. One of the many manipulations they can put out there to try and get control back.

Quack quack as they say?

Good on you!!!!