having trouble rebuilding!

Old 09-02-2004, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

having trouble rebuilding!

hey.
i am fairly new to SR and i am in my first week of recovery (pot and alcohol) i moved away from my horribly dysfunctional family a few months ago and i am getting no support from them in my new lifestyle. my mom and dad are like poison for eachother and unfortunately, they are poison for me, too. what i mean is that from the age of 12, they have done nothing but support my addictions. now i have a little sister (that i treat more like a daughter, even though she is merely 2 years younger than me) and she is 14. i feel oodles of guilt for leaving her behind, but i kind of compensated (for both us) by calling the sherriff on my mom after she went on a drunken rampage, of which my sister became the victim. now CPS is getting involved and i am feeling way guilty for that now. of course, they blame everything that goes wrong on me. i am having major issues right now with rebuilding my life, which is in shambles. i am 16, not attending school and have no job. i have no friends (that are sober) and i am in this depression that seems to calling out to my (old) addictions. i just needed to get that off my chest! i love this place!
love
seana
Old 09-02-2004, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there and keep going to your meetings its worth it
Old 09-02-2004, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

seana-

I know it is really hard for you right now.....Getting clean is a very big deal!!!! I am so glad that you are doing it now while you are young. I know you can make it. I am praying for you right now to get the support you need to get throught his very difficult time in your life. Don't let anybody put you on a guilt trip your are doing the right thing by getting clean believe in your HP!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dear seana..

I am so impressed with you!..be proud of yourself for getting into recovery..

you are in my thoughts and I will also pray that you get support you need..

please come back..and write about whatever you need to get off your chest..you haven't done anything you need to feel guilty about....

with love,

talia
Old 09-03-2004, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey seana,
I'm sending you a big hug. I am glad that you could share that with us. Try to keep moving forward with your recovery. You have a lot to deal with right now, so be gentle with yourself. Going to meetings and accepting help is a big step in being able to work through this. Just remember H.O.W. Honesty, openmindedness, and willingness to try, and you will go far. Glad you joined us here. You aren't alone.

Someone told me that I could pick my family. At the time, I didn't understand, but now I do. I needed a mom, and a dad, but my mom and dad weren't capable of being that for me. Through meetings, I found someone who needed a daughter. I call those people my spirit family. God gave me an opportunity to get what I needed. Maybe you are being given that opportunity now. Maybe there is someone in your life that needs you and you need them. I was able to forgive my parents because of that.
Don't let things get you down too much. There is a purpose for everything, even though we may not understand it. Hugs, Magic
Old 09-03-2004, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((seana))),
Your on your way..reaching out and trying is the best thing you can do...and you are so young and want so much more. Hang in there and keep working at it..you will get there...just remember what you want out of life..dream for that and you will obtain it in time.

good luck to you
Old 09-03-2004, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

thank you guys. i love to see replies, it lifts my spirit big time. i am feeling a little less stressed today and a lot less guilt. i think my mom is going to leave my dad. i don't know how that is going to turn out, but i am trying not to worry myself too much. so thanks again. you guys are angels!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My parents are going through the same sort of stuff. I hate to say it but sometimes it works out for the better. Best Wishes! Glad you're feeling less stressed!
Old 09-03-2004, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

seana, I congratulate you on having the insight at the age of 16 to realize what your addiction(s) can do and to have the courage to overcome them. I have never been addicted but at the age of 16 I just kind of drifted in life with no clear picture of my future. Since you are so young but so mature you have time to do something with your life that will make you happy. You sound like a very intelligent young woman with a bright future and I wish you all the best.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yea seana - grerat beginning to a new lige - welcome aboard!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey seana,
Don't give up. Keep us posted on how you are doing. You don't have to go through this alone. We are here for you. Hugs, Magic
Old 09-07-2004, 06:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

hey evryone. thank you for the support. i am doing great. sobriety is better than i hoped! i feel healthier and even look healthier. i hope everyone is doing just fine. best wishes
you friend
seana