Filed for Divorce - YAY!

Old 08-28-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Filed for Divorce - YAY!

Well, I did it. The fee was paid today, and the papers are to be filed and sent to court next week. The secretary sounded as if everything should be done really fast (my STBxAH - oh wow, now this acronym is something I'll have to get used to - and I pretty much agreed on everything, split the debt in half, and asked for no support), so probably in a few weeks (no court hearings)?

I'm really proud of myself at the moment. There were times I could not even make a phone call!

The truth is, I've been so emotional whole day, crying since 2 am, every 15 minutes I would start crying. Now I am just at peace, calm, breathing. And soon to be free.

Thank you all! I love you!
Old 08-28-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

YAY!!! Good for YOU!!

And don't worry, you'll only have to keep the "STB" for a little while. XAH is on the way.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

healthyagain.....your post will give some inspiration to many who are reading these threads. Some people who are still trying to get the courage to make the very first baby step......

Courage is being afraid and doing "it", anyway!

Crying is good, right now.....it is p art of the n ormal grieving.....but, it is also the very beginning of the healing......

dandylion

lol...I was thinking about you, today....wondering if you got in there and paid that fee........
Old 08-28-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Another YAY!!!!! here

I have to say that when I was getting the divorce, I never wanted it. I cried a lot. I remember the day of my divorce. I was just totally numb. Then after court I had to go to see my car. You see I was going to a psych appt the Saturday before that and I hit black ice. I totaled my car. This was the car that I spent so many nights in just hiding from him in the garage. I needed to empty it out.

So I was numb for about 2 days, then my mom had come in from Florida and I picked her up at my sisters house. (Had to borrow a car). For my birthday that year she gave me a plane ticket to Florida, no return date. I spent a month with my mom and sister, nephews, and bro-in-law. Spent Christmas and NYE there.

I came back from Florida and bought a new car. Never had to be reminded again about how I hid in that car with the doors locked.

Plan something special for yourself for after the divorce. It gave me so much time to enjoy my family and realize how much they loved me.

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 08-28-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LOL dandylion, I forced myself, kinda like grabbing my own self by the ear and taking myself there: "Oh, yes you are going to pay today! Don't you even dare not to and find an excuse again." And I need to snap out of the emotional stuff: I was telling myself, "You are really really silly, crying for a beautiful sunny October Saturday, and you have debt to pay, figure out health insurance, change the address, and only God knows what else, and you just got lighter for $1200 in 5 seconds. Now that is something to cry about."

Oh, Amy, I do not have any plans, but it does feel like getting a second chance to put my life where I want it to be.

((((many hugs back))))
Old 08-28-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

You should be proud of yourself! None of it is easy, and I can't imagine adding a divorce, kids, or loans to a split!

Enjoy your peace!!