Notices

Online Treatment Programs?

Old 08-26-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Online Treatment Programs?

So I've been google-ing methods to get treatment without having to leave your place of employment. (There are no out-patient/night programs in my home city, and financial strain etc. would make going to inpatient very difficult right now).

I'm still in the searching phase, but there are several "online treatment programs" in the U.S. that I've found which including Skyping in with your counsellor and having group sessions on Skype every night, getting assigned homework, etc. etc..... I would be doing this in addition to AA and stuff obviously.

Has anyone actually heard any first hand experience with these type of treatment programs?? I certainly haven't. And I'm reluctant to take a gamble on it without hearing something from someone or at least getting SOME kind of recommendation.

I really hope I get some positive feedback because while they are fairly expensive ($2,000 bucks or something) they're actually affordable and if I could just commit my whole life outside of work to the program, maybe - who knows. Might just work for me.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Specifically this is the one I am looking at:

http://www.lionrockrecovery.com/onli...-time-recovery
Old 08-26-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

https://www.lionrockrecovery.com/pro...ive-outpatient
Old 08-26-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck Mrrryah
Old 08-26-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been to inpatient treatment - in my case, I literally needed to feel like I was almost in jail. Lights out at 10pm. Breakfast at 7am. Meetings at 8am, 10am, 2pm, and 5pm. Repeat. Rehab was a real inconvenience - it stopped my ability to work, earn money, and most importantly, drink. And maybe it should be an inconvenience. A big one.

We're not all alike, and it's very cool to see the online options growing. This board is a great example! I just wanted to remind you that this is no small task - this is a huge lifestyle change and if you're going to put down thousands on treatment, maybe it's best spent in a place where you can't access your smartphone, computer, and most importantly your alcohol or drug of choice. Good luck no matter what you find!