Notices

lost

Old 08-26-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost

I thank you for reading this :-) I relate alot with most of you guys I am failing at being sober I have been drunk for the past 5 days I am not working an I just doubt I can hold a job now its been hard I am presently drinking cause I cant stand the withdrawal iam sick as we speak haven't had anything to eat for 4 days I have thrown up daily I need help I feel iam killing my self how do I let go of a life I have lived for so long cos every1 I know drinks including family, friend and reletives who do I turn to?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi mraloneza, welcome to SR, and thanks for posting.

Have you by chance ever considered in-patient rehab? Just even that simple week might give you enough time to get the alcohol out of your system, clear your head, and get you started on a better path. Is that an option?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Having nothing to eat for 4 days is not good. You need to eat something. You need to visit a DR and be truthful about what you are doing. They can help you with the physical symptoms.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to what can become a GREAT future.
I strongly suggest a fast and honest visit to your doctor or an ER in your area.
This ailment is very serious and can quickly develop into something no one wants a part of, part of can be serious brain damage along with serious consequences with the heart, liver and other functions.
Procrastination is not a healthy option.

BE WELL
Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, mraloneza; glad you found us. You will find support, understanding and encouragement here.

First things first, though; recognize that you are in a potentially dangerous situation; please see your doctor or go to the ER (call a friend or 911 to get you there - don't drive).
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Mraloneza. You've been here before with very similar questions and it sounds as if nothing has really changed since. You did mention that you were going to be seeing a rehab facility back in July, did you ever go?

As others have mentioned, your problem is most likely an emergency at this point. You need to see a doctor or visit an urgent care/ER to get your current physical state attended too. After that you would most likely be best served in a rehab situation. But please take care of your immediate needs first. You can even call 911 if you don't have anyone to take you to the hospital.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree and I hope that you go to an ER to get checked out. Not being able to eat at all is just not good.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would not try and quit cold turkey at this point because it can be very dangerous. Please go to the Emergency Room, drinking all day and not eating are a BAD combination. I wish you the best, please take some sort of extra step in the right direction by talking to a doctor.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mraloneza,
your post touched my heart. Please, listen to the wonderful experienced words of those who answered your post, and get help today. Your new life can start today
praying for you.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mraloneza View Post
I thank you for reading this :-) I relate alot with most of you guys I am failing at being sober I have been drunk for the past 5 days I am not working an I just doubt I can hold a job now its been hard I am presently drinking cause I cant stand the withdrawal iam sick as we speak haven't had anything to eat for 4 days I have thrown up daily I need help I feel iam killing my self how do I let go of a life I have lived for so long cos every1 I know drinks including family, friend and reletives who do I turn to?
Hi MRA and welcome. Oh I know the misery you are feeling. The first step is literally to quit and detox. You can think of a plan once the booze is outta your system. If you are the US you have a multiple options. 1. The ER. There is no shame in this. Regardless of your insurance status they have to take you. They can help you start your detox. In my city, which is small and very conservative, the ER directed me to a free detox facility. It was't fancy but it was exactly what I needed. I stayed there for a week. They helped me set up a plan etc. 2. Talk to your dr. I believe he/she can also help direct you to detox facilities. They can also help you with a home detox but you need to be really prepared for that, and commited. Drinking on detox meds (benzodiazapines) can be deadly...a serious no no. 3. If you are really ready to get sober but just can't get through the detox, in patient can be good. It isn't a solution long term...you don't come out all fixed. But it can be a good way to set a strong foundation. Detox can be dangerous....at minimum quite uncomfortable. If you can, start tapering by lowering your amount of alcohol. Yeah, I know, not easy. The only way to stop is to stop. You can do this if you want it badly enough. Just know that eventually your body will not let you drink anymore. Don't get to that point. If you have Vitamin b1/b12/folic acid I would start taking those. Hang in there.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yup.....ER would be best sounds like. Thinking of you.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

I don't want to scare you but you sound like me before I got really bad I was vomiting blood a lot my body was saturated with alcohol

The good news is there is places that will help you

If you go to your local hospital and say you want help

Were 5000% in your corner friend
Old 08-26-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing mraloneza?

D
Old 08-28-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Mraloneza!!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yep, I'll chime in and also say....doctor, E.R. I was in an inpatient last year for my own monster, opiates, but I saw quite a few folks in there with their demon of booze. Don't get me wrong, I was a weekend warrior booze king from 13 till 30ish, and made many stupid decisions and did some awful things when drunk, but it just never grabbed me like the opiates. In some respects, booze is more vicious than opiates. Please think hard about the doctor/E.R. route....it doesn't sound like you are happy with where you're at, and it will help.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Ditto to every ones posts . Being that sick you need help ASP .
Get yourself better first before worrying about what people are doing around you. That can come after
Old 08-28-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
kgr

I agree with seeing a doctor or going to the ER. I was in a very similar situation, and was embarrarrassed to even think about going, but I did and am thankful that I chose to do so. Praying for you.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I hope you went to the hospital for help. ((HUGS))
Old 08-28-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hope you're okay.