I think I am ready, for real

Old 08-26-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I am ready, for real

Tomorrow at 2, I have another appointment with the attorney. The first time I went, I was scared to death. That was in March. I was all mess, my face and eyes swollen from crying. I could hardly breathe, let alone talk. Well, today, I can hardly wait. I have butterflies in my stomach, but it is more like "I am so ready, now just tell me what docs you need from me, and let's do it!"

I am so eager to end this nightmare and be happy again.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good for you! Here's an article that can help you prepare for the meeting.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay!!! Healthy!!! Good for you!

I remember when I had finally made the decision to divorce my EX. He wasn't an A, he had other issues but it was like something in me just clicked after 11 LONG YEARS of marriage. Once you reach that point there is no turning back and it feels powerful! I think everyone close to me was just standing by waiting for it to happen, they knew how miserable I was. My mother (my biggest supporter) came to watch my son so I could go to the attorney, she handed me a signed blank check and said " take what you need " and then cheered me on as I got in the car! God bless her, right?
I must say, just to give you the heads up, even though I wanted the divorce it was still a very emotional and sad time for me. Once all was final I was finally little by little able to see that strong & confident girl come back daily when I looked at myself in the mirror in the mornings.
So in the words of my mother I am going to leave you with this....." GO GET 'UM GIRL".
Ro
Old 08-26-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think I needed three months of living alone to get a different perspective, that is, to be able to see myself (almost like leaving my own body) and him interacting, and finally say ewwwwww. And my anxiety is gone. I am looking forward to seeing the attorney again. There is no more "oh why do I have to do this? oh I so do not feel like it." I like my new determined self.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you! Keep up that positive momentum!