Notices

90 days

Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 days

Hi everyone,

Well I made it through the treacherous work trip last week unscathed...somehow. It was hour by hour at times. But I did it.

And I'm somehow at 90 days now. I'm not sure how it happened...but it did. And I'm so grateful. I will be picking up my 90 day chip at tomorrow's AA meeting, the first one I walked into 3 months ago. That is something to look forward to.

The effects of being sober have been positive of course. But this morning, I was left wondering...I wonder if I'm still feeling some negative physical effects or if its just in my head. I sleep a lot. More than I did before my drinking really took off about 5 years ago. I've been working out the last 3 months, so I'm not totally sedentary, but I can't say I'm full of energy either. Today for example, its 2 in the afternoon and I really cannot wait to get home and lay on my couch. And I won't be embarrassed if actually go to my bed by 8:30 (will plan to get up around 6:30am to workout before work). I don't know...is this normal? Could this still be PAWS or should I be way past that?
Old 08-24-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
under new management

Congratulations, Lola23!!!! 3 months is awesome!!!

I don't have any answers about the PAWS question. Have you talked to a doctor about your lack of energy?

Old 08-24-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with PAWS either.

Congratulations on 90 days sober. It's good that you are exercising to help you feel better. If you're exercising and eating well and you feel less energetic than you used to before your drinking days, you might want to talk with your dr at some point.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Lola congrats on 90 days! If you are involved with AA maybe you can see what others felt like at 3 months.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Yes, I've talked to my doctor about it, blood tests and everything is normal. Hmm....maybe its just one of those things.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

:

90 Days is fantastic
Old 08-24-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Way 2 Go Lola !! 90 Days . Can't help on the tiredness . Heck I still feel drained some days , but the way I see it - Sober & tired is much better
Old 08-24-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 90 days, Lola. I still have your post about your first AA meeting bookmarked and often direct others toward it.

I'm on day 109 so we're basically in the same place day count wise. I have definitely had some lack of energy issues the last three weeks or so. I've been blaming it on my changing to an evening work schedule but I've been on that schedule for over two months so I'm sure it's not the whole issue. I would guess that PAWS has to play at least some part in it.

I'm actually starting a new nutrition/exercise program today to see if that will help any. If nothing else, I know I've definitely been substituting way too much junk food into my diet and it's time to start weaning myself off the chips and candy and sodas.

Once again, congrats! I bought a cool little shadowbox frame that I've been mounting my sobriety chips in. I keep it on my drawer next to where I usually lay my keys and wallet down so they're a good reminder every day of where I was and where I want to go in recovery.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yay Lola! 90 days is terrific!

Some days I need more sleep than others. Two in the afternoon after lunch is usually when I feel sleepy. I just take it easy then. Perhaps you could do a walk around the block at that time? That helps me sometimes. Our bodies do have a rhythm and you may still be finding yours.

Keep it up.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Lola

D
Old 08-24-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats!