Notices

MilitiARGH

Old 08-22-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

MilitiARGH

Hey Mil- I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about your relationship with alcohol. In the spirit of my last post (on the now closed thread), I'll start so you can learn something about me. . .For me, SHE was my obsession. I'd do anything for her. Go to any lengths to find her at all times of the day and night to fill an emptiness in my soul, to ease my anxiety. And when she became my mistress, I hid her - my secret affair. I drank daily until I blacked-out - my mind erased of all thoughts and actions of the previous evening. So much foolishness I will never remember. And mornings. They were hazy hangovers as normal as the sunrise - with more anxiety - and sneaking shots of vodka to stop from shaking. . .

Mil, how about you?
Old 08-22-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Militia
I'm new here so I don't really know the rules. I do know a thing or two about recovery and addiction however. I'm a bit surprised by the posts you received condemning you to failure. Many making assumptions and projecting their own experiences onto yours....that hasn't really even started. Sheesh you haven't even said you believe yourself to be alcoholic, unless I missed it.

One poster said this is a day to day thing, and you are sober today. Congrats. For me there are so many great benefits to not drinking. Physical health, I look better, I sleep better, I save a ton of money...to name a few. I understand the passion of those that are alcoholics and know that complete abstinence is the only way for them. I am of that ilk. But I don't know what or who you are...only you do. I did not read combative or argumentative in your posts, only direct and honest....and going against the grain.

If during your experience you feel you might be an alcoholic, well your plan will probably need some tweaking. But imho that is your decision to make. I hope you keep posting.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lets not make this thread about the other thread.

We lock threads for good reason.

It's not customary for threads that have been locked to be, in effect, reopened elsewhere by other members.

But, so long as everyone's civil and respectful of other views, we'll see how this one goes ..

Dee
on behalf of the Newcomers Forum team.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah MilitiA you experience sounds familiar to me, right down to alleviating the shakes. Took me 35+ years to break off my long term relationship with booze. I won't assign alcohol a gender though as I no longer will give it enough respect to humanize it. It is after all just a toxic solvent. We are the only ones that can give it power and we are the only ones that can take it away.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OK I got the wrong poster. oops.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I respect MIL's opinion and view on moderation. I thought the last thread was a good discussion but there is a line between sharing advice and some people feeling threatened or offended. I hope this thread will be a better discussion if MIL participates. But it also may not be beneficial for MIL to join this discussion because he/she may feel singled out.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel like I've shared what I have to share for now. If you really wish to ask more questions, I wish you came directly to me, via private messages.

I do plan on posting in the future. Thanks for caring.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

and so, with the previous post in mind, thread closed.

Dee
SR