Divorce is final.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce is final.

I don't post often, but I come here quite a bit and read read read I just wanted to update on a divorce/parenting agreement with the exah. I filed Oct. 2012 and after many many court dates and 4 days of trial ex has continuation of supervised visits and and ex will have to prove to an ex-judge/mediatior that he is sober (with quantitative evidence) when he is sober and wants unsupervised time with daughter. It has been a long, expensive journey and am so relieved it is all over. I am writing this for those who are contemplating leaving and worried how you will keep your children safe. My ex has money (hired bulldog atty) and his dad is an attorney, I thought that a parenting agreement with supervised visitation was a long shot, but the right thing to do. It is the right thing to do with an active alcoholic/addict and the courts do want to keep children safe. I thank God that I have come out on the other side of this mess and continued to work on myself in the process. I still have work to do and am grateful to be able to spend the time and energy that I spent in litigation living my life. Thank you to all who post regularly, there is so much wisdom and insight here.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you. I'm going through something similar hoping for supervised visits. It's nice to hear that your daughter is protected.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy to hear it worked out for you. I too was able to protect my kids and not one minute goes by that I am not eternally grateful for that. Peace to you tonight.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

R,
Good for you. You stayed the path and followed through. It's amazing how good you feel inside and that you will have peace again in your life. Congratulations, u r an inspiration to all the people on this forum that you can forge ahead and go after what you want, and get it!!!! Hugs my friend, be proud of what u have accomplished!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go Read! Congrats on having the legal push over!
Old 08-21-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Awesome news, great job. It shows what persistence and hard work can accomplish (and having a good judge helps!).
Old 08-21-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you! A long journey, but I know well worth it!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks for the followup! What a journey indeed and congratulations it worked out in YOUR favor (and your kids')!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

BRAVO!!!!! Congrats to you that you are free, and that you took every measure to protect your children!!!!