Out with the old, in with the new?!?

Old 08-20-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out with the old, in with the new?!?

So me now is much different...I've noticed a marked shift. I still have my days of doubt (of course) but overall I'm more peaceful. Not angry. Not worried all the time. I run less now than I did while we were together-still exercising for sure but I do it now bc I want to, not bc I have to release so much. My anxiety is much less. My forgiveness and compassion for myself is much more. I've learned to love cooking over the last year and enjoy picking food out to cook for my family. I'm reading more. I'm happier. I've connected with so many people on different levels-and am enjoying being a friend again. I feel like me. It's amazing how much living and loving an alcoholic just takes from you-it steals your soul. My entire life was wrapped up in him and his stuff and it was totally unhealthy. I know my worth-I am worthy of a man putting me in front of a bottle and getting help for the issues that plague "us" and hurt me. I did get help for mine and I'm proud of myself. I'm not longer someone that can get drunk and act crazy towards anyone, I don't lash out and I live an authentic life-I don't feel like there's a weight on my shoulders everywhere I go bc nobody else knows what's going on at home. Although I lived a life of sin, I CHOOSE to live my life with truth and grace, no matter what the cost.

I know now who he truly is-he's showed me and I believe him. He wants me to hurt. He wants me to fail. And he will lie and blame and it seems not be able to tell the truth, at all. I wish him all the best and I hope he finds someone that accepts him with all his demons and addictions. That person was not me. I'm looking forward to some new chapters...whatever God places in my life. I'm not scared anymore. I'm not scared of him because he is a coward of the highest level.

Peace to y'all.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fg- you sound awesome. It's an amazing feeling to get to this point. When u find compassion for the a's in our lives instead of anger and hate. It's amazing, us alanons fight the path we were suppose to be on. If we would just let it happen, it does fall into place.

Hugs my friend I am so so happy for you, u deserve everything, because u survived!!!
Old 08-21-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow!! You go girl!! What an awesome and inspiring post!! It's amazing how everything one day just clicks in our heads. I feel your happiness and peace; it's a wonderful thing, isn't it!
I, too, still get a little afraid of how things will turn out, but I get over it quickly. I wouldn't change where I'm at right now for anything in the world. My peace of mind is worth too much.
Proud of you -- hugs
Old 08-21-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too hear your peace in your post! How wonderful to get your life truly in synch with what's important for YOU in this world... and as your name says... for your girls! Congratulations, your future is BRIGHT!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I even passed the QUACK test today-me ex tried to threaten/bully me and I just laughed and shrugged it off and went about my day. It was so pathetic that I may add it to the Quackers thread! He no longer gets any space in my life. Miles and miles away from who I used to be.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
me ex tried to threaten/bully me and I just laughed and shrugged it off and went about my day. It was so pathetic that I may add it to the Quackers thread!
Ha ha he has some GEMS... I hope to get to see what he was Quacking in that thread!
Old 08-21-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love, love, love this post!!! You have come so far and I am so glad you can see it too!

XXX
Old 08-21-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Refiner-I updated the Quack list. It was a gem for sure.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
Refiner-I updated the Quack list. It was a gem for sure.
BaaaahahaHA just read it For!!!!!