O/T daughter and grandchildren visit

Old 08-20-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T daughter and grandchildren visit

Well, it finally happened. The visit was supposed to be last month, turned out to be Tues morning, till about an hour ago.

Went to Knoebel's Amusement Park yesterday. I had a great day. Must admit I was not looking forward to this, based on past experiences, but the day turned out to be terrific. I was the first person to introduce them to "water rides". So I was really excited about this, because they liked them so much.

I took them 2 years ago, and I had to fight with them all day long. I would tell them if they see a ride they want to go on, just tell me, they always looked at the price first, then said, no, we don't really want to do that one. My son-in-law is cheap, and that is putting it mildly. I told them that I have 4 books of tickets and if they don't use them, then I just lost money, and that they have to help me out here with that. This year they were more at ease. They really did enjoy themselves, and I also got to buy them a t shirt to remember the day. I do this annually for their birthdays.

OK, so now for the b!tching part of this. My grandsons are 8 and 10. My daughter took them to a dentist for the first time last year. They need periodontal work and caps. She never took them to a dentist because her H forbade that. So, that was last Oct. They have still not gone for the periodontal work, because they are having a problem with the health coverage, blaming Obamacare, even though they have private, paying $1700 a month for it.

I don't know if there is anyone that my daughter didn't b!tch about, and she wanted me to agree with her, and I just couldn't. Told her let go, let god, told her you are drinking poison hoping the other person would die. Still didn't stop her.

60% of her time, if not more, even at Knoebel's she was on the phone, checking emails, or whatever. I have no idea of what she was doing.

So, I guess, all things considered, it was better then any other visit.

And yes, the kids needing caps at this young age really does bother me, and no, I can't call CPS. She'll file another restraining order on me. I can only do what I can do, and keep asking about this. Anything more, she will cut me out of their lives.

Now they are off to Disney in Florida in 5 days.

amy
Old 08-20-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's ok Amy-- you treated your grandsons to a terrific birthday that they will always remember.

I hope to make it to Knoebel's someday. It's on my bucket list