Notices

A sign from above?

Old 08-18-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A sign from above?

Yikes! I finally got into bed, hours later than anticipated, and was doing my nightly meditation on the first 3 steps of AA. I've mentioned before that a young woman I've connected with in the meetings and have reached out to for help has said I need to take time with these steps prior to moving on to the 4th. I'm neither a beliver nor an anthiest, I hadn't really ever had to think about it, nor cared. But the "higher power" bit was nagging at me.
In any case, as per usual I was considering this and trying, begging and pleading to the great big universe to come and help me when I was startled, rather rudely, by my extraordinarily loud alarm. I ran to the key pad and saw that the alarm was triggered in the front lawn. "Lawn " being used loosely, my garden isn't that big! I looked out all available windows and didn't see anyone or any animal to give me concern so I opened the front door for a closer look.

I found in my front yard one of those lanterns that people light and send off for various, generally meaningful, ocassions. Usually in festivals in thailand, weddings, birthdays, funerals.... One of thos landed here, in my yard, a red, heart shaped lantern right at the moment I was asking for a sign.

Was it a sign? Is it a sign? So bizarre. I'm going to use it though. I tried to re-light it because I felt horrible for the people that sent it off. I felt it needed to continue its journey. But it wouldn't light. It wouldn't fly. It was meant to stay and I will keep it bith for the people who sent it and also for me.

I'm not a big astrology/moon phase/paranormal/whatever else weird thing person but this was weird.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Typos due to typing on the phone!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post! I can't say for sure what exactly that meant, but what a coincidence! An amazingly, well timed, thought provoking event, just for you at an important moment.
I have just finished the first 3 steps myself and had a little more work to do with developing my "higher power" than I thought. I would definitely be excited by this and find it meaningful at this stage of the journey.
This post made me smile, thanks!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justincredible View Post
Great post! I can't say for sure what exactly that meant, but what a coincidence! An amazingly, well timed, thought provoking event, just for you at an important moment. This made me smile, thanks!
Truth be told the early burn out was due to the humidity in the air and the fall was likely a result of the local wind patterns. But whatever, I'm going with it. It landed here, in my yard, at the exact moment I was begging for a sign, for a reason. Yes. That.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
under new management

What interesting timing! I do believe things happen when you need them most.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

So many strange things happening in my experience along with all the stories I've heard from other people over the years makes me think that there aren't any coincidences.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If that happened to me - I would see it as a sign xx
Old 08-18-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
quat

Keep it with that candle , as reminder of what you have and don't want to let go of
Old 08-18-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

love it!!! Im a spiritualist and yes I would see this a sign
Old 08-18-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mera, that's a very cool sign! In my little personal world,god is love, so a heart is even cooler!

Higher power is simply something bigger than you. I feel it can be as religious as you want or not. Personally, I feel it's about understanding that this world is bigger than me, was here before me, will go in without me and it's very freeing to know it ain't all about me. We can't control everything, why go mad and drink ourselves to death trying?

In that vein, my hp is the forest, the beach, the desert. Nature itself. I go to church a lot .

In the steps. We learn to find our soul again, and trust our inner voice again. That was probably the greatest gift of recovery forme.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would absolutely take it as a sign!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mera, I love that story.

I don't think there any coincidences and I think the heart-shaped lantern was meant to give you hope and faith.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Its a sign. So cool!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm so happy that you started this thread.

I'm in the middle of moving house.

Its made me feel a number of unexpected, hard to deal with emotions and questions too.
Am I doing the right thing?
Will I be happy there?
I'm packing up my life here, to start a new life somewhere else.

I think in the next few weeks of packing up, I'm going to look out for signs.

You have made me think differently now about the task of packing up what is left of my existing life and starting somewhere new.
I need to be more open minded.
I will be more open minded.

Thank you so much. xx
Old 08-18-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
I think in the next few weeks of packing up, I'm going to look out for signs.
Sasha, I think this is important. If you can be open, you may see things that help you get through this move.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Awesome!!

As soon as we admitted the possible existence of a Creative Intelligence, a Spirit of the Universe underlying the totality of things, we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and direction, provided we took other simple steps. We found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him.
Big Book
pg 46
Old 08-18-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow, that's somewhat creepy if you ask me.

Oh, they're called "loy kratong"s in case you're interested. They use those in Italy? It is a Catholic thing too, or something?
Old 08-18-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great story - asking the higher power for help and you are sent love. Cooooool.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Beautiful! I don't think it matters if there's a logical explanation. Your heart was open to receiving a sign, and you immediately associated this event with that request. I think that openness in and of itself is the sign. Run with it
Old 08-18-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Cool post..,I think I would take it as a sign too!