Notices

Hi, I am new.

Old 09-01-2004, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I am new.

Hi, I am Kelly.

When I was in a awful marriage I started drinking this was about 5 years ago, and the marriage is over and I still drink every single night. I usually drink a liter of Vodka in 5 days. Like I said though, I just drink at night. I find it hard to quit but know I should.

I just got a new job and start Tuesay.. the thing is it is from 5pm to 2pm shifts, and if I keep drinking I will be drinking till 6am (at the same rate I do now). So I think it is time to quit. I'm am so nervous that at my normal time I start drinking (around 9pm) I will have withdraw symtoms. I already have some anxiety and shakes in the mornings and soemtimes they don't go away till I make another dirnk the next night.

I know many have worse problems, but I thought this woudl be the place for answers and support.

thank you,
Kelly

PS I am with a wonderful man now he supports me no matter what. He does not know about how I feel the next day after I drink, I hide it from him. He says I should slow down, but doesn't push me because he really doesn't know what it is doing to me
Old 09-01-2004, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Also my husband was an alcholic and was very mean to me, as my father and stepfather were.

thank you
Old 09-01-2004, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. Early on can be difficult to break that drinking routine. But you can do this. I personally needed the help of others in the AA program early on. There I found many other people who I could relate to. People who would give me advice and share their experience. This is also a great message board with many caring supporte people. Good luck with the new job!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kelly-

First of all, you should feel INCREDIBLY proud of yourself that you got yourself to this site. We can definitely all relate, and being only 10 days sober those first days are a not so distant memory.

Have you tried calling your local AA support group? If you can't find a meeting in your area at this time, I would say stay on the boards!! I'll be here for a while keeping an eye out for you if you want to talk.

Also feel free to send me a personal message if you'd like.

I'll be thinking of you!!!!