Notices

Can you help me find a treatment center?

Old 09-01-2004, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Can you help me find a treatment center?

I am seeking a non-profit long term residential treatment center. My drinking has literally cost me everything except the clothes I have. I know that if I am to have any chance to salvage whatever is left of my life it's going to take a long time and a serious commitment on my part. I've looked everywhere I can think of with very little luck so far. I have no money so that seriously limits where I can go for help. Maybe someone out there has been in the same situation or may have just heard of someplace through the grapevine. I'm sober now but I know it's only a matter of time before I'm right back caught up in the whirlwind of addiction. I don't know how many more chances I have so I really want to make this one count. Drinking myself to death would be the easy way out but I truly want to know what it is like to live life as a sober, responsible, respected member of my community, not just the town drunk. Please think it over and let me know if you can come up with any ideas for me. Thank you for your help!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome to SR . My name is Trish and I am an alcoholic . I know what your saying about the crazy cycle of addiction and drinking yourself out of everything , I was there .It will be 10 months on saturday that i have not had a drink or drug so I am here to tell you it can be done . I use aa as my method of recovery and it works for me . I dont know anything about treatment centers in Fla . I do know the salvation army offers free programs . I wish you the best in your search for recovery . Trish
Old 09-01-2004, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Salvation Army Day and Night (First Step of Sarasota)

Location Address : 1424 4th Street , Sarasota , FL
Location Zip : 34236
Mail Address : 1424 4th Street
Phone Number : (941) 364-8854
Primary Focus: Mix of mental health and substance abuse services
Services Provided: Substance abuse treatment, Halfway house
Type of Care: Residential long-term treatment (more than 30 days)

Good luck friend.
It's never too late to reclaim your life.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Step in the name of LOVE

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pro/a/blflpro_2.htm

check out this site I found on google. It's about centers in Fla. Definately go to an AA meeting asap. They are very open and warm and you can meet others who have the same addictions as you. I'm praying for you.
I am new to this site as well.. I have a number of problems with alcohol and drugs. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get myself clean for a few years. It's almost impossible to do it alone. Thank GOD for the internet!! Stay positive and thank yourself for making that first step.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

I have heard that the Salvation Army has an excellent program. I don't know if it is "long term residential" but it is free. Good luck. Hugs, Magic
Old 09-02-2004, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A little south of sane

Location: "For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe."
Hi,

The Salvation Army will help you and it's free. My son was in that program and most people stay there 6 months to a year, some have been there longer. They gave him food, shelter, medical care and group and private counseling sessions. They even gave him bus money or drove him to the counseling sessions. He also had to attend a certain amount of meetings within a week. There is an inital black out period when you first enter where you can't have visitors or go out and explore the area around you alone but after that you also can have free time to do what you wish as long as you respect their rules and return on time and remain clean and sober.

I suspect each within each state the Salvation army recovery program runs a little different but I think for the most part it's the same.

In the place my son stayed in there, he told me the food was great, he liked the job they gave him to do, there was tv and movies, pingpong. Which within the scope of things are minor but do make a difference in day to day living. Most important is they taught him tools he really needed to help him remain clean.

Also, you don't have to go to the Salvation Army within your state, if you find for some reason your local ones are currently filled, you can branch out a bit.

good luck and warm wishes
sigh
Old 09-03-2004, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Chemical Addictions Recovery Effort
3407 North East Avenue
Panama City, FL 32405 (850) 769-6156

Chemical Addictions Recovery Effort
Starting Over Straight (SOS) 4000 East 3rd Street
Panama City, FL 32404 (850) 872-7676x4456

COPE Center
TASC 3686 U.S. Highway 331 South
Defuniak Springs, FL 32433 (850) 892-8045

Salvita Inc
419 East Georgia Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301 (850) 222-9695

DISC/Village Inc
2967 Natural Bridge Road
Woodville, FL 32362 (850) 421-4115

Lakeview Center Inc
DAART 1221 West Lakeview Avenue, Building D
Pensacola, FL 32501 (850) 469-3570

Make sure to call each one and get additional referrals.