anger

Old 08-17-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anger

My son has reverted back to his old ways of violently attacking me. He hits, bites and basically just wants to beat the crap out of me. It started up when his father was a no call show and just keeps getting worse. I am thinking about asking our counselor if she thinks maybe it isn't a good thing to see him. Even though the visits are supervised, maybe this is too much for him. Has anyone ever gone through this? I'm really concerned for my son. He has so much anger inside him, and he is taking it out on me.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am concerned for YOU!!!!!!

Under no circumstances should you ever allow ANYONE hit, bite, beat the crap out of you. Even your child. It is not good for him or for you.

I'll read your back story, but you are being abused by your son and his "revertion back to his old ways of violently attacking me".

This is very scary stuff. What has happened to your mindset that you are minimizing this? Calling his counselor to stop his dad's future visits seems like the least of what is going on.

Maybe you need to talk with the domestic violence people right now and figure out what to do with your son. I don't mean this to sound harsh, but what you've written reads like a crisis going on right now.

Please come back and tell us more about what is happening in your home and life. We're here to support you.

ShootingStar1
Old 08-18-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I second that we are here to support you! I would say your son needs counseling ASAP. There are positive ways to alleviate all of that anger that he is misguiding to you. You are safe, he knows you will love him unconditionally, so you have become the target. Get help for this, ASAP!!!!!

You are not alone, and definitely not the only person on SR who has experienced this. Breathe, assess the situation, and move forward in getting assistance for your son and yourself.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by story74 View Post
My son has reverted back to his old ways of violently attacking me. He hits, bites and basically just wants to beat the crap out of me. It started up when his father was a no call show and just keeps getting worse. I am thinking about asking our counselor if she thinks maybe it isn't a good thing to see him. Even though the visits are supervised, maybe this is too much for him. Has anyone ever gone through this? I'm really concerned for my son. He has so much anger inside him, and he is taking it out on me.
It's time for counseling. The status quo and your son's behavior is unacceptable.

And it also may be time to accept that no matter how many opportunities you give your ex, he's not going to change.