Notices

Day 2 and I'm freaking out!

Old 08-16-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 and I'm freaking out!

Oh my gosh. I'm at the end of day two of sobriety after drinking daily for 11 years, and wow, I can't even get up out of bed! I'm am so utterly exausted, and my insides feel like they are being electrocuted. I know I'm just going through withdrawals and I keep telling myself this is going to pass but I'm really struggling. I got up a bit ago and looked in the mirror and don't even recognize myself. How did I let myself get this bad? How can this possibly be me? My husband died two years ago and I pushed everyone away, there's no one left for me to talk too. I just want my life back, you know? Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramblings.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs, Well done for getting to day 2. It does get easier. I understand it is a bit like waking up from a nightmare but one that lasted years. I too wondered who that person in the mirror was. The important bit is not to waste even more time. Your ramblings are always welcome and I believe you can do this. You have all of us here and it is a great community,
Old 08-16-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jasminefalls - Glad you're here! You'll find so much support here, so please do stick around.

I remember feeling much the way you did on Day 2. I'm on Day 7 today and all I can say is that it gets so much better. I've made it to 17 days before until I gave in to my Addicted Voice (AV) and said "I've done so well, I'm sure I can have just one..." Fast forward a year later.

Stick around and stay on the plan. You have so much more life to live!
Old 08-16-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Jasmine and congrats on Day 2!
Old 08-16-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much. I stopped smoking too and I'm wondering now if that was a bad idea to do at the same time. I'm not sure which I want more right now! Smoking is such a trigger for me, I associate it so much with drinking. Argh.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Jasmine
Old 08-16-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I decided to take quitting smoking slowly. For some it is a trigger for me it is just too much to let go of all at once. Drinking made me want to smoke more but smoking never makes me think of drinking really. Only you know if it is a trigger.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm thinking it's too much at the moment. Too many withdrawals and mental angst at one time.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jasminefalls View Post
Thank you so much. I stopped smoking too and I'm wondering now if that was a bad idea to do at the same time. I'm not sure which I want more right now! Smoking is such a trigger for me, I associate it so much with drinking. Argh.

I quit smoking when I quit drinking, most of my smoking was done while drinking anyways. It was tough but glad I did it. Good luck on 2 days keep it up.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

May as well quit both at the same time, it is a toss-up which of the two constitute a bigger threat to your health and well-being. You will start to feel better soon!
Old 08-16-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Plain and simple Jasmine. It took you 11 years to get this way so don't think you'll be fine in 2 days. That person you saw in the mirror is the new and improved you making a transition back. Keep fighting this battle so you can win the war! Congrats on a tough day 2, now let's push forward to a little bit better day 3.
"1dayaddatime"
Old 08-16-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoeinHouston View Post
May as well quit both at the same time, it is a toss-up which of the two constitute a bigger threat to your health and well-being. You will start to feel better soon!
You're right, thank you I needed to hear this. I want to be healthy and both are standing in the way. Okay deep breathe. I can do this.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You can do this! Sleep for two days if you need to.

You've always got someone here to talk to
Old 08-16-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah, rip the bandaid off and be done with both at the same time.

One leads to the other.

It's uncomfortable no matter what you do - just make it from one hour to the next, do the next right thing.

I didn't start feeling "good" for a few weeks.

Time takes time.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Jasimine physically I found the first week utterly shattering, its quite normal to experience these kind of feelings, be kind to yourself and get lots and lots of rest your body needs it to heal x It does get better hun, hang in there your doing great! X
Old 08-16-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Drink lots of water and Gatorade. Eat good and clean. Vitamins. Binge watch series. Repeat.

That's worked for me.

Binge drank nonstop for about 12 years. Four to 8 month break for military deployments a few times before that otherwise drank for over 40 years.

Been there. Not going back.

Just hold on.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your support everyone, it's really lifted me up, made me feel less alone. You're awesome! I've managed to eat without vomiting it up and took a shower. My outlook is more positive!
Old 08-16-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Adventurer

*hugs you will be okay, give it time. Rest and drink water, don't hesitate to go to the hospital if your feeling bad.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

You 10,000% can do this Jasmine
Old 08-16-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
*hugs you will be okay, give it time. Rest and drink water, don't hesitate to go to the hospital if your feeling bad.
It really is amazing how drinking plenty of water helps!!! 8/8oz. glasses a day. That's 64 ounces if you're like most of us and have a 32 oz container sitting around the house