Notices

Getting_started_on_ a_good_foot

Old 08-15-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting_started_on_ a_good_foot

So from my other post about "Why is this so hard" I've been thinking. Enough of the dragging my feet and self loathing and just consumed in my actions. My wife is telling to get off my ass. Get my sh&t together. Now is the time to use to how I feel about my situation for the better. She just started nursing school and what a way to get started with bailing me out of jail. She told me if I make the next 18 months difficult for her because of my alcoholism shes done. Who can blame her right!? Shes given me chance after chance and not this is the ultimate chance. I so wish I had the mental strength for this. I love her and don't want to lose her. I really want to do the right thing. I just don't understand why I have so many bumps in the road.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do this Getright!!

Get a plan together, draw a line under alcohol and don't let it cause you any more misery!!
Old 08-15-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear you with the bumps in the road! I had quite a few of those. Throw in that towel and give yourself the chance at being sober.

You can do this.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this! Yes, life is full of bumps in the road, but we can choose how we react to them. It's good to have the encouragement from your wife, but remember you really need to do this for yourself.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've contemplated ending it all while I was locked down for those few days. I figured it would make like easier for my family that they wouldn't have to deal with me and my nonsense anymore. I know that is the wrong way to go and I'm going to have to stick this through for them. I just want to bad to do right it's burning on the inside of me.

Originally Posted by Foolsgold186 View Post
I hear you with the bumps in the road! I had quite a few of those. Throw in that towel and give yourself the chance at being sober.

You can do this.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you considered Antabuse? If you're committed to sobriety, it might take alcohol right off the table. If your wife administers it, she will believe that you're serious about being sober.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm on Naltrexone
Old 08-15-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Naltrexone is for cravings and lessens the effect, correct? I'm more of the "would you drink if you knew it would make you deathly ill" camp. Doesn't the Naltrexone stop any pleasurable effects from the alcohol? Sorry for my ignorance, I only have experience with Antabuse.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

it can make you sick as well but it is more for the cravings and supposed to tamper that down.

Originally Posted by INgal View Post
Naltrexone is for cravings and lessens the effect, correct? I'm more of the "would you drink if you knew it would make you deathly ill" camp. Doesn't the Naltrexone stop any pleasurable effects from the alcohol? Sorry for my ignorance, I only have experience with Antabuse.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getright15 View Post
I've contemplated ending it all while I was locked down for those few days. I figured it would make like easier for my family that they wouldn't have to deal with me and my nonsense anymore. I know that is the wrong way to go and I'm going to have to stick this through for them. I just want to bad to do right it's burning on the inside of me.
It wouldn't make life easier for your family...that would have the opposite effect. Do the right thing for you getright! Getting sober and being well is the best thing you could do for yourself and your family.

It's never an easy path going through this but you'll reap the rewards I before you know it.

Hang in there.