Notices

Help!

Old 08-14-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help!

I know I've been needy but i need help again. I had mentioned earlier that my husband had a big blow out with his female boss. Well, they had another one and she threatened to get a restraining order on him! He ended up going to the police department first and making an informal statement.
This woman is insane and toxic. He can no longer work with her. He simply can't handle being in the same room with her. She even brought me into it by saying to him, no wonder your wife is nuts.
I am so upset, i could spit. On top of being newly sober, I've been listening to his problems with her for 2 years. I told him on the phone that i can't handle this anymore.

When someone is hurting your loved and threatening the law getting involved and you're hands are tied. I can't do anything.

But i can't help but worry. I'm exhausted and stressed all the time and no wonder.

I've been useless today. I'm so angry and i feel like i can do nothing.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's happening Peanut?
Old 08-14-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

talk to us Peanut

D
Old 08-14-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
learning to live

(((peanut)))
Old 08-14-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Your husband sounds like a smart cookie for going to the police. It sounds like you two are on the same page. That's a very good thing.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Peanut, it's good that your husband went to the police. I'm sorry you are both under such stress due to his boss. I hope you can take some time for yourself to relax for a few minutes.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad he went to the police Peanut - try not to get all upset over it.
Things will work out one way or the other.

D
Old 08-14-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So it's day 19 and I made it thru hell day.

My husband and I have talked and we both do agree that he will not be able to work at that funeral home anymore. The owner will be coming back from vacation on Tuesday and my husband will see if there is work for him at that location.

She was so mean to him today. She is just a bad person who sucks the life out of anyone she can. All she has are her degrees on the walls and she has told my husband that if you haven't been to college, you are an "uneducated loser".

I was offended.
I'm relaxing in bed now and looking at SR, grateful for all the posts I received. I do hope tomorrow is a better day. I can't let myself get upset again.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm also happy that my husband went to the police first. At least it's on the books. He was ready to go home and I told him he needed to preempt her and get there first, which he did.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow, that's awful! For his sanity and personal safety I hope he can ge away from that nutbag!
Old 08-15-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your husband is out of that toxcity Peanut
Old 08-15-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Phew!!

She sounds like a very sick person. Please try not to get resentful about her - it will only hurt you, as only you will feel the anger - justified resentments can be hard to deal with, but it sounds like you and your partner are a great team, so hopefully you'll manage it. (In sobriety, forgiveness is quite a selfish action and can be the very thing that keeps us sane). x
Old 08-15-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks! You guys rock! The resentment thing IS tough to deal with. This woman is like acid. Just burns thru people. So my husband could potentially be out looking for work at the age of 54. He is having a tough time dealing with that and honestly it makes my stomach hurt when I think about it.

I'm scared for the future. We have money to last for awhile and I have a good paying job but we just refinanced our house. Took out extra money for a new car for me but I had a weird feeling that maybe we should hang onto that money, just in case.

I'm so glad we did! This is probably a blessing in disguise but I'll tell you, right now this sucks.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending you both lots of love and hugs and good luck.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 22 and I'm beat.

My anxiety levels are thru the roof! I have watched my husbands day and my own be taken up by this awful, awful woman. I'm upset with her, the owner, myself for not being able to let it go and my husband for telling me so much.

Nervous stomach all day and cravings? My AV had a blast taunting me and living in the forefront of my mind. I'm pmsing and it makes me depressed. And I do agree that it's a justified resentment. But I just can't separate myself from it.

The owner is not returning any calls and this horrible woman is concocting who knows what to say my husband did. There is nothing she can prove but he does have proof of 1400 that she has embezzled. I just hope the owner does the right thing and not act out of fear of what this woman might start. I guess the last place she left has law suits against it now.

But all the stress and not knowing is making me wish I had a pill to feel better or calm down. Of course, I didn't relapse but I was just unhappy and that's not good either. I feel stifled and I'm kind of upset with my husband because he knows how important this is.
Just venting, sorry. I'm sure other folks have much bigger problems then mine!