Notices

I have money and need to not go use... Help!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have money and need to not go use... Help!

I am in need of someone to smack some sense into me. I have money today. I drank 3 beer which usually ok cuz lately thats all I can sneak out. I have extra money today so can go get more. I want to but I don't! :-( my bf sleeps til 7.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know that feeling chloebaby, its not a good one,

Give it 30 minutes and you will start to sober up and think " what's the point now, iam half sober" ...that works for me anyways.

But the "smack" till stays in this convo :p
Old 08-14-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Listen to the voice that is telling that you DON'T want to use; it is telling you the truth.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is the rehab plan you and your BF/family were discussing a few weeks ago still an option chloebaby?
Old 08-14-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

They want me to wait til im done outpatient cuz I have only had a problem for less than a year and a half. Plus my doctor wants to see me and as he is in a different town and I have no car now makes it hard. Im ok now though luckily I sober up as fast as I get buzzed. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hi Chloe,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling
Its no wonder you are struggling if you have had those 3 beers, as those will lower your inhibitions - so to post here asking for help shows how strong you are.

Below is what I have sucesfully used to get through some tricky urges over the past week (especially last weekend). It may help you. Its the DEADS tool from SMART recovery.

D = Delay. The mental activities of cravings and urges disappear over time unless you actively maintain them with your attention. Given time, they will run their course and disappear. If they aren’t gone in 10-15 minutes, then chances are you are still exposed to the stimulus that cued the urge in the first place. Just don’t give in no matter how bad the urge is and it will pass. All the urges you have ever had have passed. Once you have denied an urge, you know you can do it again and again. And after a short time, there will be fewer cravings and the ones you have will diminish in intensity. Waiting them out is a great step to recovery.

E = Escape. Just leave or get away from the urge provoking situation. Run away from it. Leave the pub so that you can stop staring at the beer taps. Leave the supermarket where all the bottles of wine are so nicely displayed. If there’s an alcohol ad on TV, switch the channel. Just the act of escaping the trigger will focus your mind on something new – which will quickly lessen the urge.

A = Accept. Put your urges and cravings into perspective by understanding that they are normal and will pass. It’s important in the recovery process to learn to accept discomfort. It won’t “kill” you and will be gone pretty quickly. You’ll feel good about what you’re learning and achieving.

D = Dispute. If you’ve worked through the ABC or DISARM exercises, you may have developed a rational “Effective new belief” or counter statement to help you attack your (irrational) urges and cravings. These exercises help you productively diagnose past addictive situations and develop useful tactics for disputing them when they occur again – which will help them pass much more quickly.

S = Substitute. When you get an urge, quickly substitute a thought or activity that’s more beneficial or fun. Take a walk or any other form of exercise. Pick up something new to read or turn on something to listen to. The possibilities to substitute (and lessen the craving more quickly) are endless. Think about and write down some possibilities to have a list on hand when an urge occurs. Then just pick one to employ an effective response.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

can you think of something else and more useful you could do when you have "extra" money? something for the kids? savings account? pay ahead on a bill?
Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If this is an emergency, flush the cash down the toilet. Otherwise get it out of the house and out of your possession.

If you use, it is going down the toilet anyway....
Old 08-14-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No good will come from buying more alcohol, can you do something else to take your mind off things, getting some fresh air, or something else to act as a distraction?!!

You can do this Chloe!!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My kids are adults now. I keep thinking and thinking how this happened to me. I just wish I had friends to talk to. I like this site cuz I can say almost anything. Im just not 100% comfortable yet but im proud cuz at least here everyday now.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hang in there. talk to us.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Chloe heres a suplex from the top rope http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

Chloe if you use you lose bk at sq 1 feeling **** is that worth paying for

I like having you around i like your posts your doing really well pls follow the link
Old 08-14-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Chloe, we do understand how hard this is.

But, I know that you can stop drinking if that's what you want to do.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Recovery is all about making different choices Chloe.
You already know where drinking leads...why not give not drinking a chance?

D