Notices

Day5

Old 08-13-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day5

My last post was actually day four but had written on day 3 and couldn't post because I've been having some issues for some reason with my app.. A little frustrating but oh well I guess.. Anyways feeling really good about myself and trying really hard to keep my brain focused on recovery .. A little nervous for the weekend because it's always the time I choose to pick up a drink and that leads to a lot more drinks then cocaine and of course having to use marijuana to try and make my horrible soul crushing hangover more bearable! Im staying positive tho and I'm going to keep posting and reaching out for help! I've really been contemplating attending some AA meetings but I'm so nervous and anti social that it keeps me from building up the courage to make this happen.. My plan for this weekend is to just say no I don't drink anymore and really start to feel good about letting others know.. As weird as this seems I would drink sometimes just because when I wasn't some "friends" would be so disappointed like they wouldn't be having enough fun because I was being boring but I'm okay with that now.. I don't need to worry about others feelings towards me not drinking I just need to focus solely on my own!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well. And, you're right that focusing on yourself is the way to go.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Make a good plan for this weekend kdg - think about things you can do without involving alcohol, or sitting home twiddling your thumbs watching TV...

there's a lot of things in that middle ground there

D
Old 08-14-2015, 01:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great stuff Kdg, have a fantastic Weekend!!
Old 08-14-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent Kdg
Old 08-14-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi.

As someone who has observed a # of thousands of alcoholics over many years it is necessary for us to WORK on CHANGE for recovery to work on a continual basis.
These changes in general include not hanging around in drinking situations, not having it in our living area, driving home a different route if we used to stop by a liquor store, read about staying sober, spending a lot of time here reading posts, perhaps reverse our thinking about things we won’t do if they are healthy and on and on.

Next comes the maintenance things needed to stay sober because a relapse can be a horrendous happening for most of us even with a little sober time.

This may seem a tough path to hoe but believe me the results can be wonderful and beyond our wildest dreams.

BE WELL