Feeling nothing

Old 08-12-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling nothing

My grandchild was born 2 days ago and instead of feeling joyous I feel numb. When I look at pictures of the child all I see is the potential madness of being mistreated by my son and mother. My son has already attempted to lie to me about needing formula. My mother is already acting like she is this glorious wonderful person. My mother nvr like girls it frightenens me that I may be like her. I haven't even told anyone that the baby has been born. I don't want the hassle of attempting to be happy about this when this isn't anything to be happy about. I broke down in tears the day of birth. All I could think about was potentially getting close to the baby and my son taking her away when he gets mad. My brother did that to me with his kids. My son has been taught by my mother and brother that you take away things when your mad at someone. My mother justified it by saying just bc your siblings doesn't mean he has to like you. Of course this is a woman who told me at the age of 14 you don't hve to like your children your just suspose to love them. I don't really feel bad for having my feelings. I don't really feel anything right now but empty.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's understandable. I would probably feel the same. As heartbreaking as it is accepting things is all you can do. Unless your son has an epiphany you will always have to walk on eggshells around him. You have to decide if this is something you can live with or if it would be better to let go and move on with your life without any of them.