Notices

In need of support

Old 09-01-2004, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Danielle G.

Unhappy In need of support

My husband is moving out this weekend - he's an alcoholic. We've been married for almost 2 years. He's been out of rehab for 2 months and relapses every week or two weeks. He's trying to stay sober and doesn't want to drink...but he does. He got drunk this past Friday and when I got home from work, he started in on his usual tirade of insults (which he only does when he is drunk). I've been dealing with this for the last 18 months and I've finally had enough. I told him to move out. He's found an apartment and is moving out this weekend. The problem? I know he has to leave to get better, but I didn't realize it was going to be this hard. He's hurting, I'm hurting. I'm at work and all I want to do is cry. There is no other option, but for him to leave. Still it's hard -really, really hard. Thanks for listening. Danielle G.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! Welcome you've come to the right place for support glad you found us. There's actually a Friends and Family forum about half way down the main page where you'll find a ton of people in the same situations as you. Hope to see you there.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Danielle G.

Thanks for the info. I just posted my query on the Friends and Family forum too - I'm sure others have been through this already and it would definitely help hearing from them.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hi Danielle. I'm Missy - alcoholic. My heart goes out to you and your husband. Lots of support and understanding here.

Hugs,
Missy
Old 09-01-2004, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Danielle. one thing i must say is that i hope you can or do accept the fact that you are doing such a great thing for yourself, and potentially for your husband, too. he may realize what is most important in his life and get his priorities straight. keep us posted on how you are doing and keep your head up. you are doing the right thing, even though it may not feel that way. best wishes.
seana