Parents who are Alcoholics...

Old 08-10-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Parents who are Alcoholics...

I have parents, uncles,aunts,cousins who are all alcoholics, but My mother takes the cake. if anyone out here would like to talk im all ears.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome to our corner. I've talked a lot, most of it is on my blog on this site. You are welcome to read it, it's on the left side under the name. If you want to talk we are all ears too.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Adam and welcome, if you're looking for other stories here goes (abridged version). My mother is an alcoholic and escalated about 10 years ago to prescription drugs. She didn't raise me, my grandparents did, until I was 14 and she went to AA, got married, had a baby, and brought me to live with her (and subsequently fired her housekeeper and nanny as she now had me). She was sober for 10 years and started drinking wine with dinner which evolved into drinking hard alcohol, or any alcohol, every day. When my grandmother died she decided she could check out and I should take care of her. After a few years of hospitalizations, staying with me and my 14 year old daughter with complete disregard for our lives, calling at all hours of the day and night because she fell down, getting wasted before I was supposed to put her on a plane, her friend harassing me for not doing enough - and numerous other events without an ounce of remorse, I went no contact with her almost a year ago now. I tried to set boundaries but realized quickly that she wouldn't honor them and it was too exhausting to enforce them. The last 9 months have been so peaceful and happy, although from time to time I wonder how she is. I do hope she is doing better and not drinking so much but the times I have heard about her, that is not the case. If she ever got sober and was truly sorry for everything she had done I might listen, I might not. Either way, I had to get on with my life and not live in a state of constant anxiety. Please feel free to share your story, our stories are all different, but all similar and we all understand what you're going through.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My mom is an alcoholic, too. It is a nightmare. Sorry this is your nightmare, too.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My mom picks and salts open emotional wounds. My sisters are addicts and I'm always left with the mess. I feel your pain
Old 08-12-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Adam!!

My dad was an alcoholic, sorry to hear of what your going through!!
Old 08-12-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My father was alcoholic. My mother a narcissist. Two recovering addict (dry drunks) siblings.

You could definitely say I've had a rough time, and I'm just now discovering why..