Weirdest behavior so far

Old 08-09-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weirdest behavior so far

So I wasn't here for a long while...
Everything seems to be falling into place, and I have a lot to be thankful for to all the people in here...

On Friday I received an inbox message on my Facebook account, which I needed to reactivate for college, and this message was from some unknown person whom I didn't even had on my friends list. It only said "Hi". So I saw it and didn't reply (I don't reply to people I don't know). Later, that same day, this same person messaged me a link containing a YouTube video. I saw it... and it was my ex playing a add on dedicating it for me, I was like what the hells is this!? the song was cheesy and all... But when I checked again, the person who sent this message had deactivated their account. I suspect it was my ex with a fake name/fake account.
I don't understand him at all. I don't know what he wants. But for the first time in 2 years I didn't reply. I didn't do anything. I didn't even saw the whole video.
And I didn't lose any sleep over this or anything.
Yes, of course it still made me feel a bit awkward and wonder what he was thinking.. but not at the extent it used to, it didn't affected me. I was able to keep on doing my own thing...

So, thanks for everything :-)
Old 08-09-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You might want to make your fb page private. How weird???
Old 08-10-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad it didn't get under your skin this time.

You might want to make your page private, as maia suggested, and also just make it a habit not to accept "friend" requests from people you don't know. After all, what's the point of having a whole bunch of "friends" you don't even know? If you don't recognize the name, you can reply, "Sorry, I don't recognize your name and I accept friend requests only from people I know." If it's someone in your new class or something, they can explain who they are and how they know you. A little extra caution is a good habit to get into.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done for not responding.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I never accept requests of people I don't know. In this case, he sent me an inbox message from another account (he is blocked).

However, I saw today that I can change this so no one, except for my friends, will be able to send me anything.

I still feel a liiiiittle weirded out about this, but in general I am feeling stronger and way, way better. Happier, etc... I don't plan on throwing that away for something as silly and weird as this.

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He sounds pretty pathetic. Good on you for not engaging with his passive, cowardly weirdness!
Old 08-10-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Time ... thanks for posting your growth. It shows that we do change and that time heals so much. Congrats!
Old 08-11-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LOL. After I left him, AXH gave me a DVD of the movie "Run, Fatboy, Run" with Simon Pegg and Thandie Newton. If you haven't seen it, the story is basically: Dennis, an irresponsible, rather clueless guy (played by Simon Pegg), is trying to win back Libby (Thandie Newton). Libby allows Dennis in their son's life, but isn't interested in getting back together with Dennis. By the end of the story Libby dumps her well-off, responsible boyfriend, and eventually takes Dennis back.

Hmmmm, I wonder why he gave me that particular movie?
I still love the movie, but it didn't have the effect AXH was hoping for.

I love this:
Originally Posted by Timetoheal12 View Post
in general I am feeling stronger and way, way better. Happier, etc... I don't plan on throwing that away for something as silly and weird as this.