He's cured!

Old 08-06-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's cured!

Yes, you read it here first. My ex officially no longer has any problems with alcohol (if he ever did).
Today in (mandatory) mediation he said, and his wife confirmed that he's "hardly had any alcohol" over the past year. And never at home, because his wife doesn't drink so they don't keep alcohol in their home.
So everything is dandy and I can just send our son right over and never worry about anything again, because he's cured. What a relief.
He's SO cured that any suggestion or request that he back up these assertions with some form of concrete proof of his sobriety was construed as a personal insult to him. He's SO cured that if there are any alcohol restrictions placed on his visitation, then he'd prefer not to have any visitation.
Sigh. There's 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. At least it's out of the way. Next stop- court.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Well bless his cured heart. *cough cough*
Old 08-06-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I've been looking for that cure stuff myself. Haven't found it so I guess I just have to stay with this 100% abstinence stuff
Old 08-06-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like he's been hanging out with the delusional "moderation is possible" crowd. Good on him to do something 99.9% of the rest of us haven't been able to do. (*sarcasm)
Old 08-06-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hilarious! (Eye roll)
Old 08-06-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's awesome - can he hand that cure out in pill form? He'll make millions!

Oh, wait...maybe pills are a bad idea...
Old 08-06-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

He's SO cured that if there are any alcohol restrictions placed on his visitation, then he'd prefer not to have any visitation.
That pretty much says all I'd need to hear. I'd take him up on that.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
That pretty much says all I'd need to hear. I'd take him up on that.
It's pretty much what I was expecting. He and his wife have both said the same thing to me before. I know it's the disease talking, but wow, what a sad way to live your life.
And none of his pity-party bs about how monitored sobriety is a tactic to keep him from having a relationship with our son was really credible to anyone. I've gone out of my way to make sure they have contact, so I hope it's as transparent to everyone else as it was to me.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey I am cured. It's called abstinence.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well that's all ok then!!! Rolls eyes!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cured he should write a book..hhahaha sorry... wow and to think we have all worked at this so hard for so long. well give him a pat on the back from this old lady clown. hugs to you and family Lady.. ardy
Old 08-06-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hallelujah! Its a miracle. I guess the new wife has no idea what she's in for. Sad for your son.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well Woooo Hoooo Boy Howdy it's a WIN-WIN! Not only is he a breakthrough miracle and first of it's kind to be CURED, but he's giving up visitation due to having his itty bitty feelings hurt, awwww!!
Old 08-06-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

then he'd prefer not to have any visitation.

oh.my.god. wow, really tells you where his SON rates on his personal priority scale. makes me sick to the stomach actually.

i'd sure take him up on this.

what an absolute @ss.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This will probably be my AH in a couple of weeks. His ex is taking him to court for violating the CO by drinking to excess in front of his kids. I'm just glad I don't have to be there or say anything. I couldn't lie to the court like he would want me to.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My ex was cured too and never had a drinking problem....just ask him!! Big hugs to you, friend! You and your little deserve peace
Old 08-06-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's a MIRACLE!

Did they actually use the word, "cured"??? The "c" word? That word that doesn't exist in terms of addiction? Wow, yep, Miracle.

You are most definitely earning your halo with this whole situation (I mean, the whole aunt-wife thing alone!). They can't be taking his quacking seriously - he's so cured & cares so much he'd rather not see his son than be questioned about it or have to substantiate his claims??

((((((hugs))))) Lady, sorry they wasted your time & don't have more love & respect for DS. ((((hugs))))
Old 08-06-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

They didn't actually say "cured." It was more of an implication that his wife was able to keep him under control by not allowing alcohol in the house, and that I was somehow the cause of his excessive drinking and all the attendant issues (abuse, etc.) that went along with it.
The mediator was looking for all kinds of ways for him to substantiate his claims of sobriety, he rejected them all. Poor him, so beleaguered and insulted by the IDEA that his word (at least where alcohol is concerned) MIGHT not be trustworthy. Of course it was just me being mean and trying to keep him from our son. No wonder he drank, poor man, I'm such a monster! I pointed out that I'd gone out of my way to make sure they had visits/contact, and that if I thought I could take his word for it our son would be with him right now and I wouldn't be sitting in a roomful of lawyers literally paying money to argue about this. That got a laugh, but I think I made my point.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

^^ that's exactly right-that's exactly why I've spent so much darn money on my legal team: because my exs word is worthless. Unfortunately, we need a room full of lawyers to keep our kids safe and enforce things the addict is not willing to do. Peace to you. Seriously, what a ****** person.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
I'm so happy for you Lady. Trudging through life with an alcoholic Ex is such a drag. Off you go then. It was lovely getting to know you, but I guess you don't need us anymore.

Before you go though, could you maybe get a little more info on this "cure". Is it possible that he watched the same episode of South Park that my XAH claimed "cured" him. Amazing! And potentially lucrative as well. Perhaps our two ex's should think about opening a treatment center in Malibu. I hear "cures" make big money there.