Notices

It's time Sober Weekender Thread Aug 7th

Old 08-06-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Smile It's time Sober Weekender Thread Aug 7th

There they go on cue. The birds outside my window every Thursday morning as the sun rises and I tap out a message to you. Well, everyday they sing... Not just Thursday's. All kinds of birds come together in song. They know when it's time. Time to sing. Time to restart new and fresh with the sun.

I knew when it was time to put down the drinking and drugging. I knew long before my actions caught up to my mind. Buts that's the beauty of it isn't it? That I wanted to stay sober and I am staying sober. Living sober.

If you know it's time or have known for a while then make this today yours. Stay sober this weekend with us here and live sober. You can choose not to drink today. And you don't have to change your mind!

*Ring Ring*

This never gets old..... What does it mean? In the words of Mecanix...

“The first bell is the bell of mindfulness, calling to me and you.
It says stop what am i doing right now, take some breaths, feel my body, am I holding it tight and tense? Relax… calm down… life is a journey and not a destination, make the journey as glorious as possible.

The second bell is the freedom bell and I'm ringing it for you to let you know freedom from drink and drugs is available to you, come and hear us calling out to you.”

Welcome to your sober weekend!!!

Ken

Old 08-06-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Edit to say.... What's the word?

Shotgun!
Old 08-06-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Shotgunnish!

In for the weekend! Woot!
Old 08-06-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Quick draw today! Congrats Mark!!!

Really great to see you in so early Nons.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning Weasel and Happy Thursday to everyone. Now where's my favorite coffee mug?

I think these southern birds are sleeping in...I don't here a peep. Of course it is still dark.

Gym time....
Old 08-06-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

rifle! in of course...

I have to kill an hour and a half until my cardiologist appt - no eating,
doing the big stress test and getting my holter - event - monitor.
I gotta wear this thing for a week at least. Don't know what' gonna happen when I see Boy George take the stage Friday- it may go off the charts!

So, shower, water a few things outside and stop to get a new battery for my tuner. Hopefully wally world has the batteries I need. I should probably get the app for my phone.
Should be another fine weekend!
Old 08-06-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Guys - I'm up for it. I have two BBQs at which the other people will be drinking but I won't stay if it's really boozy and everyone's drunk. I'll go to an AA this evening and share about it anyway.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Good Morning everyone
I hope you all have a good weekend this weekend i have my young nieces over for the weekend should be interesting and hopefully not stressful my sister is also going to come up and see us as well
Am sitting here with a coffee get ready for the day ahead lot s of washing to do
Old 08-06-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
Guys - I'm up for it. I have two BBQs at which the other people will be drinking but I won't stay if it's really boozy and everyone's drunk. I'll go to an AA this evening and share about it anyway.
Really great to see you here endless.... Stay strong and have that plan ready to be carried out. Sounds like you do.

Let us know and check in often please!!

Ken
Old 08-06-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Morning!!
I am in!

Tomorrow is my random off day this week,
.......so today is technically Friday!!

You're welcome.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in!
It's starting to feel late summerish here and I don't like it! 55 degrees. I'll be out on my deck with my coffee every morning until it's in the 40's. Just with a few more clothes.

Meeting with the diversion program officer this morning and then... Not sure what. Probably more purging of stuff from my house. Got rid of about a third of my clothes yesterday. And almost all of my son's - since he is sprouting right now. He has grown about 3 inches this year so far. I feel a big back-to-school shopping trip coming up. Luckily he doesn't care much what he wears so it'll be easy. Find jeans that fit - buy 5 pairs of the same ones. Goodwill for shirts. He prefers used ones anyway. Good kid!!!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm in like Flynn!!

Does anyone know who Flynn actually is and why he always seems to be in?

Anyway,

Congrats on shotgun Mark!

Best of luck with Caridac doc appointment LB. I hope Boy George does not interfere with your readings!!

Greetings everyone else.

This has been an extremely rough week for me work wise, so I am looking forward to the actual weekend for a break from this stress and worry. I am thankful I am not drinking or my brain would have gone haywire by now. I'm also trying to manage the stress in a healthy way by talking to others about it. I'll be checking in this weekend soberenders!!!

Later's dudes and dudettes!!!

B
Old 08-06-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Im so in!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm in! Its been a rough week at work. I mean really rough (to the point Tuesday, I had a breakdown, or at least I thought it was / never had one before) but I am going to get through it and crawling out of that mental hole.

I have been working weekends as well as through the week, so my participation has been light. I hope to be more involved as this is a great thread with even greater people!

On a side note, something that has been repeated time and time again on this site, is that "no matter how bad the situation, alcohol / drinking is not going to make the situation any better". Do you know how long it took me to realize that? Problems and issues are still problems and issues no matter if I am sober or drunk. But I do know one thing, I cant handle those situations the way I'm supposed to when I am drunk / hung-over.

Wease: I too woke up with the sounds of birds (blue jays and robins) getting their morning breakfast from my feeders and what a great sound it was. It really is the little things that make someone smile.

MLD: Its going to be a high of 71 here today. I am actually enjoying the break in the heat and I am sure my AC unit can appreciate it too

Mark: Good morning and congrats on Shotgun!

To everyone else, I genuinely hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Riding the roof im in
Old 08-06-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm in! Can we please go someplace with cool water I can jump into? The heat index has been hovering around 100 here for what feels like forever!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm in. Good to see everyone. I seem to have birds duelling in stereo. Some on one side of the yard. Some on the other.

Brain, good luck with your appointment today.

Behan, it's great that you are getting through this hectic week just fine. It will make the weekend that much more valuable.

MLD those Goodwill shirts are usually so much softer than new. That is nice that your son prefers them. Mine have uniforms so I'm going to have to figure who needs what.

Time to wake everyone who isn't up. Thursday. Yay! Thanks Weas for getting us started.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Earth Child

* Throws Upwardspiral in to the cold water *
I hate when its hot too
I burn so easily because of the medication am and the fact am so pale
Old 08-06-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I can afford to buy him new clothes, but he really digs going with me and finding the good deals. He loves it when we walk out of there with a big pile for like $30. I have trained him well.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hang on!

I'm in!

61F (16C) here with light drizzle. Weird summer - cool and wet. Super El Niño strikes again. Nobody expects Super El Niño! ... Just bought my propane for the winter yesterday (put away those nuts in August!). Getting things done!

I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket from the money saved not drinking for the past 2 months. I'm gonna blow it on something this weekend! Don't know what, but it won't be booze.