Notices

Day Two

Old 08-05-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Two

I didn't even feel the urge to drink last night---I get like that sometimes early on. I felt powerful and strong and resilient. Wish it stayed! I am waking up to a new day two. Home with my young daughters and headed to pool in a bit.

Am afraid today that I don't have a structure in place for keeping stress low and keeping resolve high. I don't drink or crave alcohol during the day, so I'm anxious about later. Been here many, many times and don't trust myself, honestly. It's the damnedest thing----knowing the right choice and doing something else.

I'm checking in here hourly! I love the number 3 and I'd like to get there.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong, you can do it :-)

Focus on how much better you feel and how proud you will be tomorrow

Keep checking in for support
Old 08-05-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Needtobreathe View Post
Am afraid today that I don't have a structure in place for keeping stress low and keeping resolve high.
So put a structure in place. You mentioned that you will be checking in here hourly throughout the day, that sounds like a great start to me. Do the same tonight. Don't forget there is a chatroom and chat meetings here, and there are a lot of AA and other online meetings throughout the day and night, you can find them very easily with a quick google search.

This thread is always worth a read too ( or a re-read ) if you are looking for something to keep you occupied

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ething-do.html
Old 08-05-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Heres some very useful SR links http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

great job on day 2 you can do this
Old 08-05-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Needtobreathe View Post
IAm afraid today that I don't have a structure in place for keeping stress low and keeping resolve high.
Right now you only need one element of structure in place...not drinking, no matter what.

No drinking. The foundation of sobriety. Do that and you can start putting down the building blocks of recovery, the start of your sober life. A simple "no" to alcohol.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yep, Carl's right. You don't have to take that first drink no matter what. You don't have to drink even if you feel happy or sad or angry or jealous or afraid or resentful or tired or joyous or any one of a thousand other possible emotions. And as long as you don't take that first one, you can't take the second or third or tenth one that will almost always follow.

Keep with your plan and stick close to here. Post about even the smallest thought of drinking. Take away the (actually nonexistent) power of those thoughts and build some accountability to yourself and others. Wishing you the best today, enjoy your pool time!
Old 08-05-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day two! That's wonderful. Stay busy. Busy hands keep your mind off drinking. You've got this!
Old 08-05-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Onwards to Day 3 Needtobreathe!! You can do this!!
Old 08-05-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Keep at it! And keep coming back if you need to post or chat. This is a somewhat global site, so it's "always 4 'clock somewhere" so to speak. People are here at 2AM, wherever you are.

Day 3 is doable. It's just a repeat of day 2, except a tiny bit easier.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted and good for you for getting to Day 2!

I think it's important to have a plan in place for your recovery. It will help you to stay on track.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 2... stay close to this website and don't have a drink. That is what you need to do today NOT drink. The days will start to accumulate and you will start to feel better and better. Recover takes work, but the benefits are huge.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks, all. This is so helpful. Words of encouragement really get me on track. Simply put, I am okay at 4:15 today. Filling my time with weeding and watering gardens and playing with my precious puppy. Evening is creeping up and I am repeating the mantra, "No matter what."

Its worth mentioning that I have had two friends indicate they want to get together this evening (families, summertime). I just can't.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good choice hanging bk in early recovery congrats on day 3 keep on building your sober muscles