25 AS soon to be released from jail

Old 08-03-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

25 AS soon to be released from jail

Hi friends. It's been some time since I've been on but last November 2014 I had my 25 YO son arrested. He spent the last Two years in jail and 7 months of that at the Salvation Army rehab where he got worse on drugs than ever from OxyContin to heroin. It was so sad to be called to attend his graduation to find my son who entered rehab at a healthy 180# and barely 140# with tracks on his arm. I questioned the director and told him what a shame it was to take such sick individuals a place them in the lions den. I called Salvation Army headquarters to report what was going on in there.....drugs everywhere. 10 days from my sons release I had him arrested to save his life. He is soon to be released and will be placed on two years of community control. He plans to leave the county but I don't think he will be able to. I wish he could. I have offered him to stay in my house for a transitional phase of 2 months but he has to follow house rules, attend drug program, and absolutely no drugs or drinking. I'm not sure I want to do that by of his younger siblings. We have had no chaos and it is my daughter senior year and she went through seven years of hell. We live in saint Augustine Florida and there are no sober living homes. Any suggestions of where I could find him housing?

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 08-03-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back Markdara,

Did a bit of googling for sober living in St. Augustine, found this link:

Saint Augustine, FL Transitional Housing, Sober Housing

It would appear that you might need to find housing elsewhere - which probably is a good idea anyway since your son should be changing people, places and things.

Good luck,

Jim
Old 08-03-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This link may help you, there is at least one sober living/transitional house in St. Augustine and another in Jacksonville, a half hour away.

Good luck.

Genesis Housing - Transitional Housing
Old 08-03-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oxford House

Maybe try looking for an Oxford House.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will check all of these. I ask at our Naranon meeting but at Augustine is very limited. Hopefully the judge will let him leave the county and start over. He has a job lined up and a place to live. I believe he needs a sober living home.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 08-03-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wishing you and your son the best, Mark.