Notices

reaching out

Old 08-02-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reaching out

I just got some bad news. My sister was drugged and raped. Almost killed her. I'm trying really hard to stay sober. My husband doesn't care about what happens to her...they've never got along. History there. She is too far away for me to drive there today. No money. She is safe and alive in hospital. Needing encouragement to keep my sobriety and sanity!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
learning to live

(((Christi))) I am so sorry. That is terrible news! But, drinking will not make anything different, it will though make it worst.

Stay strong and stay close here. There are a lot of people here who care!

Could you call the hospital and ask to speak to her since you cant physically get there?
Old 08-02-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have and yes spoken to her. Its heart breaking.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

There is nothing, nothing worth drinking over.
Do you belong to a support group? When my youngest sister was killed, I couldn't get back home until the next day, so I was in an AA meeting that night. After that, I tried to focus on being there for the rest of my family.
If you don't have that kind of support or someone understanding to lean on, then stay close to us.
I'm sorry your husband is so uncaring; no one deserves what happened to your sister. Focus on the fact that she survived and she will recover from this. Make sure that you survive it too.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't drink. The one thing drinking does dependably is make things worse.

My heart broke for your sister (and you) reading this. This happened to a member of my extended family about 18 months ago. A nightmare.

With the support of family, friends and services for survivors, she remains the vibrant and lovely young woman she always has been. No assault can take that away from her.

My thoughts are with you and your sister as the rebuilding process begins.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((((Christimac))))) Im so sorry this has happened if you want to talk im around please stick close to SR speak to us
ive you these links http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Were all here for you at this hard time
Old 08-02-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((((Christimac))))) Im so sorry this has happened if you want to talk im around please stick close to SR speak to us or in the womens forum where its more private i can give you these links http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Were all here for you at this hard time
Old 08-02-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear what happened to your sister. Even at my age, I still can't believe how cruel people can be to each other. Whoever did that to your sister is nothing more than a low life animal.
But as others have said, you need to be stronger now than ever before. For yourself and your sister. I've heard so many stories at AA meetings where people had to face terrible tragedies or losses, and were so happy to be sober so they could be there when they were needed. The last thing you want is to not be sober. Take care of yourself. John
Old 08-02-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That's just horrible! I'm so sorry about what happened to your sister and that you are far away and can't get there to be with her. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you, but please don't drink. She is safe now in the hospital, and she must be a fighter to survive such an awful ordeal. Stay close here for support, and maybe you can figure out a plan to get there somehow. Again, I'm so sorry!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I will not drink. Its hard to cope and when I couldn't cope before I'd drink. My AV wants me to give in but fact is the issue will still be here tomorrow and it won't undo what happened to my sister. Thank God a family friend went to check on her. Found her not breathing on the floor. The guy held her down and shot her with heroin. After CPR and rape kit she is in hospital. When she came to she said it was her husbands brother. Her husband is also in hospital having a hand amputated from diabetes. You can imagine how upset he is. Ty guys and I will be staying close to y'all today.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is horrible news to hear. I offer prayers for you and your sister.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Christimac,
I am so sorry .. what a horrible thing! Post away, all you need to.
Prayers for your sister, her husband, and all of you .
Old 08-02-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((((Christi))))))))))

Your sister and you are in my prayers today, what a horrific event! Society greatly saddens me sometimes.

I'm glad your sister is safe and getting the help she needs, I'm also sorry your husband doesn't seem to care what happens to her, I at least hope he can give you the support you need to deal with this as I'm sure this is not going to be easy on you as well. Do you have other family close to you for support?

Take drinking as an option off the table, at times like this you need a clear head for yourself as well as your sister.

Please take care of yourself too!
Old 08-02-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about your sister Christi, that is awful!!

What your sister now needs though is a Sober you, a drunk or hungover you will not help the situation.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry to learn of your sisters ordeal, I send blessings to her in the wake of her ordeal. Im am also sending you a huge amount of strength to you too honey x x Take good care of yourself x