Notices

Day 2

Old 08-02-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Day 2, for the second time. The first time was until day 29.

Then a short binge and back to sobriety yesterday.

This should never ever happen again. It was horrible. It is also amazing how quickly a person can fall apart with alcohol. A couple of days and I'm a wreck even now I still feel hung over.

No. Never again.

I'll keep it short and am not sure if I will be online much today. I need to...

Shave my beard, get food, throw out an obscene amount of empty beer cans, shower, clean the toilet, clean a lot of the rest of my place, do the laundry, and more. Everything is a mess. I won't even have enough time today for everything.

But certain things must get done today. I have work again tomorrow. Had I literally gone on drinking for one day longer, I wouldn't have been able to show up tomorrow, and... gone job.

I'm not sure which is worse, the hangover or the after-binge anxiety, but both are worth avoiding.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 2 Jerryfish
Old 08-02-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 2 here. Today was the day I started the house cleaning. Stay strong.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jerry go at that cleaning, it's representative of cleaning out your addiction and it's productive. And please, rejig your plan, don't let alcohol into your life again -- only you know what you must not do. Replace that not action with a positive.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JerryFish View Post
I need to...

Shave my beard, get food, throw out an obscene amount of empty beer cans, shower, clean the toilet, clean a lot of the rest of my place, do the laundry, and more. Everything is a mess. I won't even have enough time today for everything.

But certain things must get done today. I have work again tomorrow. Had I literally gone on drinking for one day longer, I wouldn't have been able to show up tomorrow, and... gone job.

I'm not sure which is worse, the hangover or the after-binge anxiety, but both are worth avoiding.

Hi.

Personally from my experience my priority would be concentrating on the #1 in importance and that’s a program/plan to not drink and work on it EVERY day. The other things will fall into place.

BE WELL
Old 08-02-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Jerry , Just make sure you don't get all flustered and stressed out- with all the cleaning Breath - take brakes .
Old 08-02-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Jerry. Glad you stopped the binge before it got way our of hand.

Cleaning and getting your home in order is a great way to keep busy, just make sure you are doing the same with your sobriety plan too. What will you do differently this time?
Old 08-02-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome back Jerry. Glad you stopped the binge before it got way our of hand.

Cleaning and getting your home in order is a great way to keep busy, just make sure you are doing the same with your sobriety plan too. What will you do differently this time?
Sadly, very little... I was getting food, felt depressed again, picked up beer and here I go again...

I can't do this on my own. That's apparent. And in line with what I promised myself, I have called the doctor who has the weekend shift. I got the secretary. She understood the urgency and could plan in an appointment with my own doctor tomorrow for tomorrow afternoon.

It's time to get help. It feels like a relief. I have no idea what kind of help it will be, I'll see tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You need to be 100% honest with the doctor. You need a detox that may require medication. Perhaps you could discuss anti-craving medication such as Naltrexone. This will all be for your doctor to decide.

Seek help. Go to meetings or go to a friend or family's house and let them know what's going on. Perhaps they could have you over for a few days and help you avoid going out there again.

You are not alone.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks slowracer. I will be 100% honest. This is not new for them. The first time I tried, I talked to them and said that I wanted to try it on my own first. And if that failed that I would make an appointment to get help.

What that help is exactly, I don't know. I'll see. The first time I didn't have many withdrawal symptoms. And the relapse was based on suddenly feeling very depressed. Which is also based on some deeper issues I never wanted to face before. So those need work.

I'm going to tell them everything and am sure that they'll have a solution.

I was hoping I could do it on my own. I couldn't. Time to get help.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you drank again Jerry.

Good for you for contacting your drs office and making an appointment.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by JerryFish View Post
Sadly, very little... I was getting food, felt depressed again, picked up beer and here I go again...

I can't do this on my own. That's apparent. And in line with what I promised myself, I have called the doctor who has the weekend shift. I got the secretary. She understood the urgency and could plan in an appointment with my own doctor tomorrow for tomorrow afternoon.

It's time to get help. It feels like a relief. I have no idea what kind of help it will be, I'll see tomorrow.
So looks like you have some choices you could make even today that would help. If you cannot get in to see your doctor today, you can call the local AA hotline or go to a meeting. You can also dump out the alcohol you just purchased.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Well, at least you are starting again! Congrats on day 2!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
So looks like you have some choices you could make even today that would help. If you cannot get in to see your doctor today, you can call the local AA hotline or go to a meeting. You can also dump out the alcohol you just purchased.
If I don't show up well at work tomorrow and perform well, I am at risk of losing my job. The anxiety about that is much stronger than the desire to drink. And the appointment is after work. So I've quit for the day. And I hope it's been the last one.

I just need to get to the doctor's appointment. That is my focus. If I really get wasted, I won't make it there either, since my hangovers last for 1-2 days nowadays. This is one of my last chances. I will not ruin it.

Which is why I will go to bed now, 4:08 PM over here..., and will stay there until I need to get to work.

I'll be back soon with an update. I won't leave this place. My experience with intense appointments is that they take away all my energy, so I might not post right away tomorrow, but I'll get back to you asap.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 2 is fantastic Jerry!! You can do this!!
Old 08-02-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jerry x x Hope you start to feel better soon. Hang in their matey you know you can do this Good to see you back x
Old 08-02-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good job Jerry. A better life is waiting for you.