Notices

more about me

Old 08-31-2004, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

more about me

hey again.
wow, i can't believe people are already responding to my first thread. thank you all. anyways, i have been an addict since i was 12, and after years of evading police and the truth, i have reached the bottom. that is why i am rock_bottom, that is what i hit. i have grown up in a way dysfunctional family, and drugs and alcohol were always present.
now my mother raised me and i raised my little sister(only 2 years difference) my dad was never in the picture until i was 11 years old. i guess you can say that i was raised to be an addict. my mother always made sure that i didn't go without my choice of drug, whatever it was at that moment. pretty messed, huh
at the age of 15 i left prescott, az(where i was raised) and moved to cottonwood with family friends who are recovered addicts. i am currently with them and plan to stay here. i still feel guilt for leaving my little sister behind, but i recently called the sherriff and CPS on my mom for beating the **** out of my little sibling. that was hard, but easier since i am not there for the consequences, if you know what i mean!
my mom is supposedly sober at the moment, we'll see how that goes. i am not in school right now, but plan on enrolling in a homeschooling program where i can approach my diploma without being pressured by my peers. so long story short, i am an adult trapped inside a 16 year old and learning to cope with my past without the addictions. so this is me and hopefully i will get to know ya'll better. thanks for the support. everyone has mine!!!
much love,
seana :slap:
Old 08-31-2004, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Seana

Hi, my heart felt so BIG when I read your post, I am so proud of you, and what courage you have at just 16 years old. I am sure it was hard for you to leave, but I bet it will make the biggest difference in your life and your recovery, and your sibling.

Big Hugs for you ((((SEANA)))) you have your whole life ahead of you

PEACE
Jackie
Old 08-31-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hey Seana,
That was a lot of sharing you did there. You write really well and I imagine you do well in your studies. I'm thrilled to hear you haven't forgotten about your education throughout all of this trauma. Do you have any aspirations for the near future such as music, science, sports, etc.?
You can post as often as you like.
Sandy
Old 08-31-2004, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing RB sounds like you are on the right track. *thumbs up*
Old 08-31-2004, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you very much. i really appreciate the time and consideration taken to read my life story. i never thought of myself as a brave person, but maybe it was brave what i did?! i am sure that we will speak again soon!
Old 08-31-2004, 01:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Castaway

Okay Seana,
Glad you stopped by again and visit us again soon and let us know how things are going for you. You're tops in my book!
Old 08-31-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Seana--you are very brave. No doubt about it. I hear you feel guilty about leaving your sister behind. Try to look at it this way--if you had stayed and continued drinking and drugging, you would have NEVER been able to do anything for her. Now, with the road you are on, you WILL be able to do things for her...like calling DFS. That must have been so hard. I can tell by the way you write that you are a very mature 16 year old. You have been through so much. You can be an inspiration to others your age who think they can't have a problem because they are too young. I believe I was an alcoholic when I took my first drink, at age 14. However, I thought alcoholics and addicts were old people living under bridges and drinking from brown paper bags. I could have avoided a lot of heartache for myself and my family by getting help sooner. I truly admire your strength and courage.

Love to you--
Old 08-31-2004, 02:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi RB and welcome,

The courage you have shown will help you face this thing. Just have faith that your higher power can help you through this, one day at a time. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

Sherry
Old 08-31-2004, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Seana and welcome!

All I can say is wow! (I'm rarely speechless) I'm glad you found us, you'll find this a great place to hang out!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Rock bottom....I just read some of your post on the friends and family forum (didn't want to inturrupt their threads) and I just had to let you know how amazingly mature you are and how fabulous I think it is that you can share the things you learned even while you are working on your own recovery and your own life.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Rock bottom, sorry you had it so Bad, But your smart to see their is another way besides unhappiness, I hope you stick around and we can all learn from each other. :wink1:
Jay
Old 08-31-2004, 06:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

hey and again, thanks to all. i feel so special...anyways, i am going to my first NA meeting tonight and i am scared, excited, all of the above. i am slowly getting over my social anxiety(which i failed to enlighten you all on the rather long list of disorders i have, almost all of them social issues) so i will fill ya'll in on how that goes. peace out and much love to all my sober(or wanting to be sober) buddies!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hey Seana,
Wow! You don't waste any time! I think I can go to sleep tonight knowing that there are strong, smart, young people like you who will go the extra mile to do the right thing. Kids your age sometimes get a bad rap, but your actions show that you're different and that you're smart enough to do the right thing and not follow the crowd. Good for you to attend a meeting and I know that you can be a shining star there too. And just to let you in on a little secret: we adults get the butterflies too when we choose to do something new. I see good things coming your way. Let us know how it goes.
I hope we can get jiggy together soon!
Macarena anyone?

P.S. Seana, hold true to your education. Don't wait on that.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

okay i went to the meeting and it was cool. i can see myself going to them a few times a week. no, i don't waste time, do i! some kids my age work hard to get a bad rap, i try to go the other way with that. i am happy with myself tonight. it is a good feeling to be proud, and us addicts know how a lack of pride feels. so lets all wallow in our pride of sobreity and pray for those who can't.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hey Rockbottom,
Good to see you made it back from your meeting and everything went well.
Congrats to you.