Notices

Friday night habit

Old 07-31-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday night habit

I'm not sure where this post will end up or who will see it. I decided last sat that I would cut my drinking down, I went six nights with no alcohol then had a bottle and a half of wine this evening. I'm posting this as much as a message to myself. The wine meant I fell asleep and couldn't follow a box set on tv. No doubt I'll have a crappy sleep tonight and a sore head tomorrow. Accompany that with eating a pile of crap and making no progression towards my crochet cottage industry and it's been an all round washout. Hey ho lesson learned.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Craftyme!!

6 Days is fantastic, and sure it then unraveled but that just means you now know the hurdle to overcome, the gap in your plan.

For me weekends were a hurdle too, I needed in some way to overcome them, create a new Friday/Saturday routine, new habits, new activities, to make Sobriety happen.

Go at things again, start thinking now about the things you could do different tomorrow night and next weekend.

You can do this!!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I thought I'd watched all of the new Dr. Who episodes since it first started back up. What I've actually found is that I missed most of the episodes because I passed out, drunk, in front of the television.

Same with books. Oh, I've read that! Oh, no, I missed sizeable chunks due to blacking out.

It's like groundhog day, reliving the same stuff, over and over again.

You can get off that crazy train. You did six days before you drank. I found it helpful to have a plan and support, especially for weekends and other days off. Support being people here and in real life who I can tell how I'm feeling and to get suggestions from.

I hope to see you around. It's a bog step to post here. Well done.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've learned that getting through the weekend will be tough, but it will be worth the fight. So, next weekend you can be prepared with plans and ideas to help keep you sober. Congratulations on getting through 6 days.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Crafty me congrats on day 6 your doing excellent
Old 07-31-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Some will be fortunate enough to get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Join us in sobriety.

MM
Old 07-31-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you succeed in staying sober this time. It's hard at first, but it's worth the effort.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Crafty...hang in there. I totally relate. I weened down from every day, to every other day, etc..then a binge weekend..then start again.

Now I am 84 days sober

I had to pull my car over after a hard workout. I couldnt see straight. I hadn't drank prior to that for about 9 days. That night I drank about a fifth. Very dumb.

That was the last time in my life booze will pass my lips. God help me.

Hanging in there here. I drank after work and on weekends. I would often come out of my man cave and see my wife and son entertaining themselves...perfectly sober. I learned from them. After work, now I just eat, drink juice and water. Play on the computer, watch TV or NETFLIX, laundry...shave for the next day...guitar etc...

Fun...life. When I wake up in the morning...no blood pressure issue, no weakness, no hang over. Still getting better every day. The best words I have read lately that kept me strong minded were...determined, and serious about not drinking.

I am not fooling around with this sickness. This physical addiction is long gone. Healing my mind now. Rewiring.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, crafty! Thanks for the post which is a potent reminder of what happens when I think I can drink "just a little". Stick around.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good post crafty! I'm sorry you're frustrated, but you learned something valuable. We're glad to have you with us. You can do this, there is no doubt.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome crafty! If your ready then try again!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your comments and support. Tonight I'm having fruit juice and sparkling water and I've got a new crochet pattern to have a go at.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things craftyme?

D
Old 08-01-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi all - I need to share how very sad I am right now. Don't have a close meeting to attend and can't seem to get anyone on the phone. Well, after all it is Saturday night!!! My husband is passive aggressive in the extreme. I understand his hostility toward me - partly due to my 20 plus years of heavy, heavy drinking, hospital pick-ups, hidden bottles - the list is endless for us late stagers drunks. The good thing is that I've been sober for a couple of months now and really do not want to drink in the least. What's sad for me is how depressed he is. He just sits all day watching endless conspiracy UTube videos when he is not working. Barely speaks to me, except to point out any spot I have missed cleaning or to say how much I have hurt him. Simply do not know what to do - but will hang in there, come here, read some great literature I have. Thank you for listening.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi crafty and welcome!
Old 08-01-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How are things craftyme?

D
Fine tonight. Keeping to my plan and just about to head to bed.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sounds like he needs to go to counseling or Alonon ??

MM
Old 08-01-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Craftyme-

Your original post sounds a lot like me in my early stages of becoming serious about quitting (well, except the crocheting- really wish I knew how

I am 79 days sober now, but in the beginning had a lot of stops and starts before I 100% committed to never pick up the first drink again. I agree with the sentiments above- it sounds like you learned from this experience.

Congrats on your previous six days, and your plan to tackle your cravings. You can do this!
Old 08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Remember: a binge is considered five or more drinks in one session so a bottle and a half of wine is considered binge drinking.

I'm still wrapping my heard around that.