Notices

Ugh!

Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugh!

HELP!

I don't know if I was full-on alcoholic but I drank a lot, particularly in college and university (and afterwards) I was definitely a binge drinker. I drank to get drunk.

I had blackouts. I woke up next to creepy men thinking "what the hell did I do?"

I have had STIs twice, this is even from oral sex and masturbation (which I thought was safe at the time)

I had gonorrhoea in my throat. I subsequently stopped having oral with strangers and then a few months later I had genital warts #nightmare

I don't really do casual sex now, it was mainly when I was drinking.

One night I woke up in my flat, I was naked on my bed, my phone, wallet, laptop and money were gone. I have no recollection of what happened, who I came home with, how I got there.

I cringe when friends tell me what embarassing things I have done while drunk.

I feel guilty when I drink so I usually choose not to. The last time I drank was about a month ago. I had one glass of wine with a meal, I was practicing moderation. I think I am happier when I don't drink though.

It makes socialization and going out harder though.

I got drunk twice during the last few months and didn't really enjoy it. I don't like the effect it had on my head and I don't like the guilt I felt afterwards.

Alcohol is such a problem to society and so many people use it problematically but it is just seen as so normal.

I am now very wary of using alcohol to cope and try not to do it.

I am suffering from binge eating disorder, Irecently relapsed.

This is because I am struggling to come to terms with my gender identity, I think I am transgender. My next therapy appointment is in 2 months, ughhh

How the **** am I meant to cope in the mean time?

I have no career, no job, no friends (Where I live)

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi ZamZam, nice to meet you :-) It's major cringe material for me when I think back at some of the predicaments I landed in while sozzled.

It's great you have found SR if you are a bit isolated at the moment. Stick close, you will receive lots of support here. What a bummer your next appt is 2 months away....it can't be brought forward?
Old 07-30-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome ZamZam youl find lots of support here
Old 07-30-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, ZamZam! I think many of have had episodes of doing things while drunk that we wouldn't have done when sober.

I'm finding that I'm becoming more sociable now that I've been sober for awhile. I pick different activities because I simply don't enjoy cocktail parties. I believe we can re-imagine our lives!
Old 07-30-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Hi ZamZam, nice to meet you :-) It's major cringe material for me when I think back at some of the predicaments I landed in while sozzled.

It's great you have found SR if you are a bit isolated at the moment. Stick close, you will receive lots of support here. What a bummer your next appt is 2 months away....it can't be brought forward?
Thanks, no I don't think so because there is a really long waiting list at the gender clinic. I had to wait 7 months for the first appointment.

I could go to my GP to see if any other support is available but I don't think it is. My CBT therapist for my binge eating had to stop seeing me cos I couldn't be in that service if I was in the waiting list for gender therapy so I had to stop seeing her.

I am just kinda stuck waiting around.

There are some transgender support groups that I could go to go in the mean time so that is something.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh okay. Yes, your GP might be worth a try. You never know. Those support groups sound like a great idea. Such a good way to meet people too which sounds perfect for you at the moment.

You're doing great on the drinking front, btw.....good for you! I find drinking lots of sparkling mineral water really helps with cravings for things and satisfies that incessant urge to be consuming something. Just a thought :-)
Old 07-30-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I agree that going to transgender support groups could be really helpful while you wait for your appointment.

Most of us have done things we regret while drinking. The upside is that you never have to go through that again if you stop drinking. I didn't like how drinking made me feel either, but I had to numb the feelings I was going through because I didn't think I could manage otherwise.

There is lots of support here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome ZamZam
Old 07-30-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Really glad to meet you ZamZam. I was never safe once alcohol was in my system - anything could happen. It's good that you're taking a look at what it's done to your life. We don't need it.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you're here! Sadly, I can identify with the "guilt and shame". Not drinking = No blackouts = big step towards health. Let us know how your support groups go.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum ZamZam!!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Zamzam. You'll find a ton of support here.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody, just thought I'd let y'all know that I haven't had a drink in just over a year
Old 07-12-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow!! That's so awesome! Congrats