Notices

Scary Withdrawals.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Scary Withdrawals.

Well, it's day 6. On day 3 I had 2 seizures. This sealed the deal. I have never had seizures during detox. This just confirmed that this disease is killing me, and I'm only 29. You would think that the numerous hangovers I had to where I felt like I was going to die would be enough...apparently not. So that was definitely a coming to Jesus moment reminding me I would rather live than die with this **** dictating my life. Just thought I would rant. Thanks.

Dominica.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
So that was definitely a coming to Jesus moment reminding me I would rather live than die with this **** dictating my life.
Welcome back.

You know what they say, I may have another drink in me; I may not have another recovery.

You can make this your last detox. Not sure what you have done for your recovery in the past, or what you've been avoiding or afraid of trying. But if this is indeed going to be your last relapse, be willing to pull out all the stops.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're here and wish you well. You'll find much support and information on these pages. Are you under a doctor's care?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Oh my gosh Dominica. You must be terrified. Please consider seeing a doctor to assist you.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Dominica and Congrats on Day 6. Glad to hear that you made it through a very scary time hopefully unscathed.

Rant away, but don't lose sight of the fact that you'll need to take some action to make this sobriety thing work. And it is absolutely possible for you to do it.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Dominica,

First and foremost well done on day 6 and getting through that detox. I hope you have seen a doc? That must have been absolutely terrifying.

You can make this your last detox and you need never live like this again. On day 15 here and that's what I am clinging on to.

Look after yourself
B
Old 07-30-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats very scary hun. Thats actually my biggest fear. This is not my first attempt at sobriety after many years of killing myself with alcohol. Thank God I haven't experienced that. I feel your pain and fear sweetie. I know for sure that neither you or I have any relapse left in us if we fail and in saying that let's use every resource...book or meetings or sponsors or here...I mean anything...to keep us clean and ALIVE...life is more beautiful when we stop looking through the bottle. Love u sweetie...let's do this!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened Dominica and I hope you don't ever go through that again.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reminder of how serious this addiction really is.

Congrats on Day 6!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks y'all. I'm really relieved to be back. I am currently not under a physicians care as of the moment, I don't have medical insurance and this is my first detox where I have experienced this. As of right now, the shakes are starting to subside, but I am so fatigued. I can't count how many times I have gone through this and the few here that know me, know I have been battling this for a long time. I always say "I've got this, this is the last time." I'm not going to jinx myself this time. I will be getting back into my AA program after I have 10 days. I am really just secluding myself in the house right now and reading, cleaning and drinking LOTS of water along with a multi-vitamin and ginger root. Insomnia is still an issue, as it always is in the beginning, this too shall pass. One day at a time....and hopefully forever. As always thanks for the support I find in these forums. It really helps me stay focused.

Dominica
Old 07-30-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

B vitamins and magnesium citrate always helped me during bad withdrawals.

Please be well
Old 07-30-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I believe you should be commended for the fact that you haven't given up. I see you joined 2011 so you've been at this for awhile correct? To each his/her own, but I think seizures (2 of them even) would be the line in the sand that I would not want to cross again. Stay strong.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Dom

I suffered several mini stroke is my last detox and basically shooed away the Drs.

I'll be dealing with the ramifications of that for the rest of my life.

I really believe it's for the best people see a Dr - if it costs a little, think of it as an investment on your future health.

You can go to an ER anytime.

D
Old 07-30-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks Dee, I might check out an urgent care clinic.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
😇

Dom~please, please don't ever go through seizures alone again. They can cause permanent brain damage. I was in the hospital 4 days after having one and the first 2 days I have no memory of. I hope you do go to urgent care just to make sure your okay.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Hey Dom, congrats on 6 days! I joined back in 2011, too. I've gone back out too many times to count. I don't even know if I've had seizures yet, but I did start having blackouts for the first time just over the past 7 months or so. I don't know if it was due to a blackout or a seizure, but my last act of death defiance was totaling my car and not remembering a thing about it. The last time I drank was the day after that, like an idiot! That was 106 days ago.

As others have said here, it would be a good idea to get yourself checked out, especially since you've had seizures. You might feel OK now, but seizures aren't normal, everyday occurrences.

Let this new development in your drinking career be what ends it for good. Get into some kinda plan of action to make sure you stick to that. Addiction steals, kills, and destroys. Have you ever felt happy about drinking again? I'll bet you've felt happy about quitting though, haven't you?