Notices

Appt today with surgeon

Old 07-28-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Appt today with surgeon

I have an appt today to discuss my options in regards to my low functioning gallbladder. Most likely, they'll tell me it needs to be removed. I don't even have the money for the copay but going anyway hoping they'll let me slide till Friday. Who knows if I'll even have the money for the surgery if I haven't already met my deductible.

Anyway, I wanted to add to my sobriety plan.

AA meetings - 90 meetings in 90 days.
SR - checking in daily and reading others posts.
Spend quality time with my son.
Attend church regularly and get active in the church.
Walks, reading, baths - anything to fill the time

Added - couples/marriage counseling
Added - change diet/lifestyle to support my organs/health and get back into shape. (Currently using shakeology shakes for my breakfast; it has a lot of good stuff in it!)
Old 07-28-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like you have some very positive plans both for your health as well as your sobriety Jillain, best of luck at your appointment.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you the best at your apt Jillian you have a great plan
Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wishing you the best today, Jillian.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck at your appointment Jillian. I think your plan sounds good. I did 90 meetings in 90 days. It was a great way to get started. You can do it.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping he will be able to tell me what's going on with my gallbladder and not just "it's needs removed". I need to know "why".
Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I hope the appointment goes well, my mother had hers removed and it helped her immensely. She was much better off after, I think she had it cleaned a few times first but stones kept coming back.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So it went pretty well. The nurse was very nice as well as the dr. I let let both know I start AA and only 2 days in just in case it had something to do with my symptoms. When I had my ultrasound a few weeks ago, everything came back normal but failed to mention my liver on my chart. So I asked him about it and said it looked normal along with everything else. He said although my gallbladder function test came back abnormal, it's not a definitive answer that it needs to be removed and there are no other tests. So now is basically a process of elimination. It could be a stomach/intestinal acid issue. So he advised to start taking Zantac to see if that relieves my symptoms. He doesn't want to remove my gallbladder if it's not the issue because the symptoms would still be there afterwards. And coincidently I haven't had my flank pain in a couple days - but that could be because I was drunk all weekend and now have a huge bruise on that same side from falling.

Overall it went well and he answered all my questions and I'm pleased with the responses. Especially when he said he didn't want to do surgery if he wasn't for certain is was my gallbladder. The nurse and dr both congratulated me on joining AA. The nurse said, if you believe in yourself enough, you can do anything.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can almost hear my AV creeping in saying "see your fine nothings wrong with you you're perfectly healthy go get a drink!"

No I won't. I can't. Leave me alone!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it went ok - and good for you on knocking the AV down Jillian

D