Notices

A TMI question about BMs post drinking

Old 07-27-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A TMI question about BMs post drinking

This is probably TMI. Background: I was in the hospital (ER, ICU, then regular floor) for a week for severe withdrawal. I have about seven pages of blood tests, they performed an EKG and other things. I was released after everything went back to normal.

My BMs were pretty normal toward the end of my hospital stay. As soon as I got home, I radically changed my diet. I hadn't eaten anything healthy in months. The last five days before I was hospitalized, I ate zero. Just drank. Had zero appetite. Weeks leading up to this, I ate very sparingly. I had zero appetite. If I did eat, it was a quick fast food, so as not to interfere with my drinking.

Anyway, since I've gotten home (after getting the all clear), I've been eating spinach and mixed greens almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day. I've been following a low carb diet, eating lots of blueberry and grape juice as a treat.

My BMs are weird-green or yellow. They seemed better when I was drinking! I'm almost three weeks sober. I'm wondering what your experience is with BMs, if you care to share. I'm not asking for medical advice. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and blood work later this week as well.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's the blueberries and grape juice. promise
Old 07-27-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi notgonnastoptry
It could be something you're eating/drinking or it may be something else.

Only you Dr will know for sure.
Glad you have an appointment

D
Old 07-27-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A doctor's visit would be a good idea.

From my personal experience, I often include a large amount of greens and fruit in my diet, and I do notice significant changes in 'that area' when I switch from unhealthy to healthy. I suppose it's only logical :-) It's really great you are feeding your body the kinds of food it needs to extract the essential and vitamins required to rebuild your strength.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

What LBrain said. Get a doctor's opinion if you need reassurance, but, IMHO, I'd say it's mostly the blueberries.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm led to believe it's something I'm eating (of course, I will get a medical opinion) because on certain days (before I went on a low carb diet that includes lots of cheese, greens, etc.) things were getting better. Then I went all rouge and food one of those produce stores where spinach and mixed greens weren't 5 dollars a package. I stocked up on those and blueberries. I also bought grape juice for my child, but I ended up drinking the whole bottle in a few days. I have such a sweet tooth now. It's annoying. Well, it's better than having the alcohol problem.

I don't want to cut of the greens and the vitamins (which is also new to the diet), but I might have to (according to some of the websites that say if your body hasn't had certain food in months and months, it's hard to process).
Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have no problem answering but if this is TMI please stop reading now. I apologize in advance.

When I was drinking every night I had diarrhea 2-5 times a day and it was often with very short notice and had me running to the bathroom in an emergency state on a daily basis. There were even times when I had to leave my work station unattended (big no-no) without giving anyone notice. I was that irregular. Luckily I never got caught. During this time I wondered if I had stomach cancer or some other terrible disease. It was like food went right through me. There were also times when my BM was "clay colored" which is a bad sign for alcoholics. It is not longer like this now that I don't drink.

How it is now: I am completely "regular." My digestion returned to complete regularity almost immediately after stopping.

I can honestly say that all of my very real health problems really cured themselves, almost magically after I stopped drinking alcohol.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mrs sw is affected by certain fruits in relation to BM's

If your BM's arnt solid most of the time its vital you see a Dr as dehydration can set in very quickly

Drink plenty of water & book a Dr apt is my advice