Notices

i hit 3 weeks

Old 07-27-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i hit 3 weeks

I hit my 3 week mark sunday, yesterday i havent been on here much i was posting daily my first week now. Not gonna lie beimg 24 year old trying go be sober is tough.one thing ive noticed is alcohol is everywhere! So everyday is a challenge. Last week i bought a xbox video game system and have been playing video games with free time. I had one when i was young and its a tike waster but it keeps me sober for now. My girlfriend was on vacation this week so she wanted to Relax and enjoy her week off. I didnt tell her i am trying to quit drinking i told her i just havent felt like it. She wanted to drink and on top of it she told me i make a mix drink she likes so i had to make her the mix drink, very tempting i didnt drink tho i woke up the next morning early she woke up a hour later complaining of the typical hangover symptoms and at that moment i laughed because that was me 3 weeks ago only ten times worse and i thanked myself for not waking up like that. 3 weeks in im not fully recovered i still have temptations, i keep getting on and off headaches and i can tell my body is pretty screwed up from the alcohol, cocaine and prescription pill diet i have been on but besides that i feel good and i manage my time so much better off drugs. I hope i can make a month that will be the first and only month of sobriety since high school. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Pat
Old 07-27-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Pat! That's a great start! Keep going!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rickpat, it sounds like you're doing well, and I'm glad you're starting to feel better.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Pat
Old 07-27-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 3 weeks rick pat.

I would be inclined to tell your girlfriend after all if you are serious she has to know.

I appreciate that it must be quite tough socially when you are young but at least you have plenty of time to work on those non drinking networks
Old 07-27-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on three weeks, rickpat, and thanks for checking in.

I know that if I was keeping my quitting secret from someone I'm close to like a girlfriend, that probably means that my addiction is trying to keep a foot in the door to give me an opening to drink again.

Regular participation on these forums has been a cornerstone of my recovery so far. Hope you'll stay close, and I'm wishing you the best today...
Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Very Nice 3 weeks rickpat, Getting a handle on it when young is an Excellent idea.
I would put some thought into what CaseyW had to say too , no sense hiding it .. Be Proud
Old 07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

some really great advice here rickpat

I think staying sober is hard, but that's where making changes in your lifestyle, and finding the right kind of support for you comes into it

Congrats on 3 weeks
D
Old 07-27-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very proud of you, Pat. 3 weeks is fabulous.