Notices

help!!

Old 07-26-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help!!

Please please keep me from picking up a bottle..... family angst. Im struggling right now all I want is a drink... ive taken a dimazipam nstead. Please please help me stay sober ive done so well. In times of stress especially family stress i drink... wtf am I to do?! Ive had a major anger outburst and taken a dimazipam my normal go to remedy is no longer an option. I wanna cry majorally.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Alcohol won't fix the problem. It will make it worse.

If you are at their house, leave. If they are at your house, leave.

Maybe take some time away from your family if there is a lot of anger. Crying might be good!

You can make it through the moment/hour without drinking. The feelings are just feelings, thoughts. You don't have to drink. They will pass.

Take a walk. Have a sandwich. Find a happy movie to watch. Take a hot bath. Keep posting.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Blueberry try this http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Remember cravings dont last & they will pass, play the tape, stick close to SR

Have you got something sweet choclate etc ?
Old 07-26-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Talk it out, take a walk, hit a pillow, go someplace calm. Try and remember that you are simply experiencing feelings....and they will pass. Drinking is not a escape, it makes it all worse. Especially if you decide to mix it with other drugs like you've already taken. Stay here and post all you like....this will pass.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im crying. All I want is peace. I dont need this right now for god sake. Ive had enough. Ive been through so much. All i want is peace from my past and my relationships. Its been a tough few years for us all. I cannot be held responsible for other peoples actions ya know. Ive enough on my plate dealing with my own.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is ok im not suicidal or nowt. I just want a peaceful life a normal life and to be happy.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The diazepam will kick in soon.

You'll be okay.

I had to pull way back from my family and certain other people in my life. The biggest thing I protect these days is my serenity. Anyone who causes me a lot of pain, I have to figure out if it is worth spending time with them or not.

Happiness is an inside job, it doesn't come in a bottle, in a pill, or in relationships. If you are newly sober, it's going to take some time. Be gentle with yourself. You are healing.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Blueberry, you've got the advice here already from more experienced folk, BUT do what ever it takes NOT to drink, you'll be so proud of yourself if you can make it to tomorrow.
x
Old 07-26-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ive had a bath and had a complete melt down and feeling a bit more calmer. Dimizpam kicked in tried so hard not to take any today... i know I cant rely on them... just hope drug and alcohol counselling get in touch soon to help me get through this without meds. Im i dunno... so sad at the mo. All I want is peace.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there Blueberry we are here for you
Old 07-26-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ive had enough. Ive battled post natal depression, depression, ptsd and now im going through this how much more does life want to throw at me. I need to stay focused ive gotten through that (which is probably why im an alcoholic in the first place) i know this is the toughest challenge of my life because... my crutch has gone. I gotta learn how to cope with life without drink....whoah. At the mo that scares me.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Blueberry i feel for you honestly. Can relate to needing a good cry at times. Hope you're feeling a bit better by posting on SR. Try to make it a habit. I've only been here a week & it's been very useful. Great info, advice from experienced ppl, games etc.
I second SoberWolf on something sweet. It truly does work. & Congrats on day 4 i think you're on?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lots of us here have co-occurring coping problems. PTSD and depression are really common.

Alcohol makes these 1000 times worse. The longer you stay away from the alcohol (and hopefully, eventually, the diazepam) the better your brain will get. There is no way to fully heal from psychological disorders when drinking - alcohol just magnifies the depression and anxiety.

Do some research on meditation, there are a lot of guided meditations on the web, or on YouTube. Meditation (mindfulness) and prayer are two of my most important tools.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Lots of us here have co-occurring coping problems. PTSD and depression are really common.

Alcohol makes these 1000 times worse. The longer you stay away from the alcohol (and hopefully, eventually, the diazepam) the better your brain will get. There is no way to fully heal from psychological disorders when drinking - alcohol just magnifies the depression and anxiety.

Do some research on meditation, there are a lot of guided meditations on the web, or on YouTube. Meditation (mindfulness) and prayer are two of my most important tools.
Im a very spiritual person, im glad you mentioned the meditation ive been doing that a lot recently. Good to know it helps... im gonna keep that up. X thank you
Old 07-26-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hang in there Blueberry.
If you drink you will then have problem with your family as well as disappointment in yourself. Don't add trouble to trouble....please.
We are all here for you. Post constantly if you need to.
Jonathan
Old 07-26-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you x just had a wobble. Im still alco free ... i just didnt need THAT. Im feeling a bit low because i was having a much better day and feeling more positive and BAM! Stress city... thanks for that ya know they know im on detox... cheers for that. Really really didnt need that today. It almost pushed me over.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 07-26-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Hey blueberry , Just getting back on and seen your cry for Help. Sorry you had a problem , sounds like you made it though ? I'm happy for you Nice job hanging in there
Old 07-26-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through that blueberry

The more times we can get through things without drinking, the more capable we become of dealing with things.

I'm glad you're resisting the urge to take more diazepam too- stick with whatever directions your Dr gave you

D
Old 07-27-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through Blueberry!!