Notices

Hi, I'm new

Old 08-30-2004, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Running Blind

Hi, I'm new

I just wanted to say Hello and to let everyone know that these forums have been nothing but a blessing since finding them less than a week ago. I've learned so much about why I have done so many of the things I have during the 33 years of my life. I'm not sure who is responsible for this site but I must say "Thank You" and I look forward to interracting with all of you.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Castaway

Welcome to SR. Can you tell me what the DAIBH15 stands for?
Thanks, Sandy
Old 08-30-2004, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Running Blind

DAIBHI is hebrew for David (the origin of my name) and the number 5 equalled my ex-wife, my 3 children and myself (5 people).
Old 08-30-2004, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hello, and welcome to SR. This truly is a marvelous place with wonderful people. I hope you will post more and let us know more about yourself!

Hugs--
Old 08-30-2004, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome to SR. I'm happy to meet you. This site has been a blessing to me as well. Jon is the man responsible for these boards. Stick around and he'll poke his head in and say hello. He claims to be like jello, but I believe him to stand on firm ground. LOL

Talia
Old 08-30-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sam082602

Smile Welcome To You From Me!!

I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SAY HELLO TO YOU, SAMANTHA!!
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR,

This site has been such a blessing in my life. More than once, I have found the support needed to get through whatever was bothering me. I have also been able to share a few words of hope with some. Keep posting and reading other posts and get to know us.

Sherry
Old 08-30-2004, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Castaway

Okay, David. I didn't mean to be nosy, but I saw the helment and that you had running blind under it and my curiosity got the best of me. Hey, my son's name is David. I can't wait to give him this translation. He played high school football and can rattle off every NFL team and everyone on them up to their third string for the past 5 years.
My name is Sandy and I'm an alcoholic among other things. My biggest problem is my compulsive behavior. I'm so glad to meet you and hope you'll post a little about yourself.
Sandy
Old 08-30-2004, 07:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Running Blind

Thank you. Myself? Well I was raised by a verbally/mentally abusive father. I'm just now learning about adult children and what a blessing it has been....learning why I've done so many of the wrong things in life while trying to survive. Not only did I run away from my father but I ran away from all of my family as well. I have just reconciled with my mother, brothers, sister, etc. over the course of the last few weeks and will be seeing everyone (except for my father) for the first time in 9 years next week. I've destroyed two loving relationships because of my co-dependency but through therapy, this site, great friends and the books I've been reading I'm well on my way to leading the life I've so desperately wanted to lead.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Running Blind

Sandy
I'm from Virginia (reside in Texas...can't stand the Cowboys ) and the Running Blind thing...well it's a song and it's how I look at my life up until now. I was running blind. A way to remind myself to continue on the path I'm on now.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Castaway

Thanks for sharing David. Sometimes I don't think fathers know how much impact they have on their children..either that or they don't care. I'm thrilled to hear that you've reconciled with your family (except father). I've been going through a similar ordeal over the past few years and it wasn't easy for me to swallow my pride and admit that I wanted to be a part of family again. My parents are great, but I have a boatload of siblings and I think the drugs and alcohol affected all of us a great deal.
I'm so happy that things are looking up for you. I hope you find a special place here where you can open up and share your good days as well as bad.
Sandy
Old 08-30-2004, 07:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Castaway

Well, if you can't stand the Cowboys...we need to part ways! NOT!! It's just that my son David has been following Keyshawn Johnson around since he played with the New York Jets or maybe even before then.
Hey, I'm a Houston Texans fan anyway...what am I talking about.
I think we can all relate to running blind. You're in good company.
Sandy
Old 08-30-2004, 07:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Running Blind

So I take it you are closer to the coast being the Texan fan that you are?
Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Castaway

Right you are. Did you know that the quarterback's name is David too?
Sandy
Old 08-30-2004, 08:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Running Blind

I sure do.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR DAIBHI5 (David)!
Yes this site is truly a gift and a blessing.
So glad that you have found it to be also.We are all grateful for it!
Welcome.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi DAIBHI5, glad you found us and nice to meet you. I found this place nearly a year ago and it helped me through a wobbly patch running up to Christmas - and the drinky drinky season that goes with it.

Take care,

Deg.

(ps. is that american football you and Sandy are discussing, or that game that's like cricket but runing round in circles in stead of backwards and forwards?) I must get out more.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey David and others--AHHHHHH, fellow football fans. I have to be careful with full-blown football season approaching as it is a MAJOR trigger for me. I'm gonna have to find some sober friends to watch the games with!!!!

Love and hugs--
Old 08-31-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome David you are among friends glad to meet you.
indigo
Old 08-31-2004, 05:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site David. It is a good place to be. Best of luck repairing old relationships. Remember these things take patience and time.