Notices

Retraining my brain

Old 07-24-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Retraining my brain

I am so stubborn it's amazing. When I get stressed I can feel my blood boil. I'm so used to doing things this way I allow myself to boil instead of letting it go or turning it over. This week sucked. I fought tooth and nail to do things my way and five minutes of deep breathing and prayer made my blood stop boiling. It was fairly simple and a lot less painful than my way but yet I insist on staying pissed off. Silly alcoholic.

Jennifer
Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on finally deciding to take the easier, softer way. We addicts do love to stew in our own juices sometimes.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jennifer... I couldnt help but laugh cause i'm your twin sister on that! Hope you're having a bless Friday & a stress free weekend!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jen!! Some weeks are better than others!!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PixieD View Post
Hi Jennifer... I couldnt help but laugh cause i'm your twin sister on that! Hope you're having a bless Friday & a stress free weekend!
It is funny, especially when you stand back and look at how ridiculous it is. Today, so far is stress free. I know I'm going to get tested big time in the next few days so I will have some practice on letting go, turning it over...etc. I hope everyone has a sober, stress free weekend! Xoxo

Jennifer
Old 07-24-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

As tough as it was you got through it Jennifer

You done great i wish you a lovely sober weekend aswell
Old 07-24-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Good post and good timing!

For me sometimes it becomes a bit self righteous anger. If I have the moral high ground, I might sit in my anger a little longer. You've wronged me, how dare you!

Anytime I start feeling more than, I need to do a reality check. Do I let people "up off the floor" or do I actually sickly enjoying sitting in the anger???

Question to ponder, for me....
Yes we know how to get out of it, but do I want to get out of it........

Thanks for the thread
Old 07-24-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Good post countrygirl - I need to do just that . Getting all worked up doesn't solve anything . Your blood boils , my blood pressure rises . That makes me feel funny and my anxiety gets going Holy Smokes ! Nice job calming yourself down
Old 07-24-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

dont pray for patience tho whatever you do dont pray for that.... God will be sure you learn it.... lol.

I can relate. somthing can get me off and i'll be in an all out rage all day long. It does me no good to hang onto stuff like that and reliving the moment of the infraction for hours and hours on end whats the point? No point in it. But i'm just now myself getting better and better about letting it go. its not always so simple but its a lot easier once you do.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jennifer, Yup you're so right about being ridiculous! I feel like such an idiot somedays letting it take over , then i just laugh! Great that you're prepping for the next test..It helps when it comes. Kinda like your shield of armour getting thicker. I Could tell you have a good sense of humour about it all aswell & that really helps when you're in the middle of that whole anxiety cycle to kinda talk yourself down.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
dont pray for patience tho whatever you do dont pray for that.... God will be sure you learn it.... lol. I can relate. somthing can get me off and i'll be in an all out rage all day long. It does me no good to hang onto stuff like that and reliving the moment of the infraction for hours and hours on end whats the point? No point in it. But i'm just now myself getting better and better about letting it go. its not always so simple but its a lot easier once you do.
Yup I accidentally did that once, prayed for patience. That was the worse day ever! No, I am getting the patience lesson cuz I guess it's time

Jennifer