Notices

Why

Old 07-23-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why

I type a in depth question then went to post it and it said I couldn't because I was logged out but it said logged in as at the top. Any chance it was saved somewhere?

Basically, my questions was where to start? Adult child of an addict and I'm hearing my mother telling family and friends that she believes I may have some form of FAS because she drank heavily while pregnant. Never heard it before. And I'm not hearing her blame anything on her pot smoking and using crank/meth my whole life. Probably because she believes she's beat the drugs, she doesn't look like a 65 yr old addict.

Now I'm 47 yrs old, I drink, I smoke cigarettes, I smoke meth and I'm struggling through another relationship.

I hope I can start Day 1 tomorrow. Where do I go to get rid of all the demons?
Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I don't think you need to go anywhere to get rid of the demons, but you might need to make some big changes in your life. Are you ready to stop drinking and using drugs? It sounds like you are. It's a good idea to talk to your dr before detoxing from alcohol because it can be dangerous. And, if you wonder about FAS then talking to your dr would be a good place to start. It's also a good idea to get rid of alcohol in your home. Changing routines in the early days was very helpful for me.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! When you log in, check the box that says "remember me" and you shouldn't have that happen again.

I found a lot of help getting rid of my 'demons' with an addiction counselor. I saw her for over five years and she helped me in many ways. I also found a lot of help here on SR. I come here every day to read and post. I feel comfortable here.

I'm glad you joined us.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Loganslady youl find so much support towards your recovery it all starts with a day 1 really nice to meet you
Old 07-23-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome aboard, I get 'kicked out' all the time when I try to post. If it asks you to refresh, copy everything you wrote first and if it doesn't come back you can start a new reply or thread and paste everything.

I have no experience with drugs other than alcohol. Try to find a local support group to help you with the meth - it can't be good for you.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Loganslady!!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to meet you Loganslady. It will help you to talk things over here - we all understand.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi loganslady

this is a great place for support, encouragement and help. Sr helped me turn my life around - I know we can help you too - welcome!

D
Old 07-23-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

loganslady you've made a good start by finding SR and logging in, welcome to the community.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Loganslady, I concur with what others have said, you can use this forum to your advantage all day everyday with the problems you are experiencing.

Upon reading your OP, I see a paragraph dedicated to your mother and her addictions, I think those thoughts and energy may be better utilized focusing on yourself. Sobriety is for you, and your happiness.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. By growing up in a small community and being seen as successful in my profession, I too believed I beat the addictions.

In 2014, I endured a few split second life changing events. I did seek professional therapy and attended regularly. I also gave myself permission to do whatever I wanted and called it one of my best summers ever. Then due to a major transition at the beginning of 2015, I wasn't able to continue with my therapist and haven't been motivated enough to find a new therapist.

Recently a 3 - 5 day meth binge that included my bf, my parents and my best friend while I was out of town and also using through the weekend, ripped through all of us. Completely devastating each and every one of our relationships. It's 2 month later, we have all made the decision that meth is not anything we need to continue using. Each in our way because of damage done leaving me the only one who everyone will talk to. They all refuse to speak to each other. Which is ironic since the whole reason for the big blow out was over how to help me because my bf believed my meth use was excessive. And within that moment they all faced their own addiction. I had no idea this was happening, so I came home to a very intense blindside and everyone had different version of what really happened. I know it all was blessing to begin our sobriety, but I am scared of the wounds it reopened in me and that we will never find resolve.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

1 day at a time Loganslady try not to get too overwhelmed & overthink things you will get constant 24/7 support here

The important thing is your sober/clean and that today in itself is truly amazing

if you ever want to talk always come to SR let it out and if you want you can msg anytime

Spk soon
Old 07-24-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am scared of the wounds it reopened in me and that we will never find resolve.
There will never be a situation where it would be better for you to use meth again.

Take that as your starting point. and have faith that other things will work out the way they should

D