Missing my dog

Old 07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Missing my dog

My ex sent me a message today-first thing I've heard from him in a while. Stated he was thinking he's going to have to make a decision about our older dog soon ( put her down) and that he was just letting me know. Here's how I feel:

1) I miss my doggies so much-he took them last august-they were part of my family, part of me. The older dog was my then husbands for 4 years and then I came around. I was her momma for ten years. I love her so much it hurts-she was my first dog and just the sweetest best dog there is. My other dog is pretty rad, too, but old doggie just was the best. I've missed them a lot.
2) very sad that I won't see her before she goes; I so want to hold her and give her a kiss. She was such a big part of my life and I was a big part of her life. I was a good dog momma to her.
3) maybe this is just another manipulation. Heck, everything else has been. He knows this will hurt me. Sad I think that way but manipulation has been the truth for so long.

Just praying for my dog tonight and hoping that she goes peacefully-she is very loved.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

awe... I know that hurt.
I had to find a new home for a my awesome Coon cat once, and then later a dog I had adopted from the pound for two separate relationships like the ones we found ourselves in with our A's....

I cried so much. And prayed.... I believe they both found great homes... but still, I know how much that hurts. They are family. ((hugs))
Old 07-22-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm sorry, For. You don't seem to think he won't take good care of her, though, so whether he's really on the verge of having to do that or whether he's musing about it way in advance (and telling you for who knows what reason), we can hope he makes it easy for her.

Many hugs,
Old 07-22-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand completely. I miss my dog too. My XAH now has the dog 90% of the time and I've chosen to not fight him on this because I know how miserable he is. It's weird, but for some reason, even though I love and miss my dog, I know that my X needs him even more.

In your situation, I think I'd just be inclined to pray for whatever the best outcome should be and turn it over to your HP. Pets become so much a part of our families and it's so hard for us to turn over their wellbeing to an A! Hugs and prayers for you today!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Forourgirls, I'm so sorry you're going thru this. Dogs are truly the best thing in the world, I think, and it's hard to lose such a good friend, whether to the dog's death or thru separation like you describe. And yeah, we do feel really responsible for them b/c they are dependent on us for everything, and sometimes it's so tough to know if you're making the right decisions for their well-being.

I don't have any wisdom to share; just know that I understand how you feel. It's sad to see 2 beings who love each other parted, regardless of species.

I'm certain you were a good dog momma--hugs to you and wishes for the best possible ending for your old sweet hound.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh gosh four... I pray that your older doggy goes peacefully if it is her time. And I pray for your other doggy, too, as this will be hard for them too. When I lost my lab, my other dog was so depressed (as were we) that I marched straight to the pound and rescued a doggy off death row. They take a piece of our heart when they go but we always make room for another when it's time. God bless!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes-he's always taken good care of his dogs. And yes, he needs them much more than I do as it's quite obvious he's hurting a lot-hell, he's been hurting his whole life and numbing it with drinking. Anyway, thanks for your prayers and thoughts-they mean a lot happy almost Friday!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending big hugs you way! XXX
Old 07-23-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is so heart wrenching. Our fur babies give so much. My dog came to my bedside today and I was rubbing her chest and she just looked like pure love and I thought to myself, "how can this not be love?" Me petting her and she so obviously enjoying it; the energy was just so wonderful.

I can say that I feel I have reached my pets in my dreams. My sister believes our family cat whom she was especially attached came to her after he died on her bed. She actually felt him kneading his paws like he always did. My point is that you don't have to be physically there to reach her and thank her for everything she has done for your family . . . . for loving all of you so unconditionally. She feels it and knows it. I am so, so sorry for your loss!