Notices

Does any other alcoholic hate fizzy slcoholic drinks?

Old 07-22-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does any other alcoholic hate fizzy slcoholic drinks?

I hate them, they're meant to be fuzzy "for fun" errr "f" off. Just give me alcohol, **** the fizz and your idea of celebration over that one glass... Who the hell wants one glass? Are there seriously people who only want one glass? I cannot identify with those people,., where does that leave me at birthdays or Xmas???

Last edited by Dee74; 07-22-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you trying to stop drinking?

If so, you can still enjoy birthdays and Christmas.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For what it's worth to answer your question I disliked anything with fizz, liquor never had a mixer, wine was never sparkling and when it came to beer Guinness was nice and flat!!

But in all seriousness though, I needed to part ways with alcohol on a permanent basis to make Sobriety work, no more 1 or 2 drinks, I and you both know where that leads, so it had to be all or nothing.

We only think that the world and the social universe revolves around alcohol, but it doesn't, we think that because all we did was drink, and the only people we hung out with drank, so alcohol was everywhere

But that wasn't a true reflection of reality, less people drink than you think, many "celebrate" life and occasions without a drop, it can be done!!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I messed up my stomach and esophagus from drinking . I can't do nothing bubbly or fizzy - it will gag me or cause my stomach to hurt so bad . I'm sick for hours . It's too bad I did like a soda now and again before
As for Xmas drinking was never involved was eating and getting to full to think of drinking. Two of my B-days have gone by so far , I look at them as just another day older . That could be an age thing , but being only 55 I prefer to keep my sobriety so I can see another year of a healthy life
It's the not picking up the one drink that should be the celebration ..
Hope you can find some answers , those are my ways .
Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey fuzzy -

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but -

:: Yes, I hated/hate all forms of fizzy, bubbly, celebratory drinks. I hated every single work event with "Champagne Served". I hate special events we put on where my colleague instructs the caterer "Just white wine, it's a casual event." It makes no sense to me... it hasn't since I can remember. The sole purpose of alcohol as I see it is to get sh*tcan wasted. Anything else is a stupid waste of time. The notion of relaxing with a glass of wine never made sense to me and it never , ever will.

:: Where does that leave you at birthdays or holidays? It leaves you with any other wonderful tasting beverage of the world that does not have alcohol. There's literally hundreds of thousands of them. You live in the UK, right? That's a pretty boozy nation. And even there 21% of the adult population does not drink at all. In America it's 30% of the population, with an additional 30% who only consume about 2-3 beverages a month.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Our Inner addict loves it when we mentally leap ahead to Xmas or next birthday or whatever because it freaks us out and keeps us stuck to the status quo.

We all live our lives one day at a time Fuzzy.

I haven't been a drinker for the best part of a decade - I've had sober Xmases weddings birthdays and they were great. Had a few funerals too and handled those sober as well.

You can too - really

D
Old 07-22-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't tend to think about preferred alcoholic drinks anymore, because I don't drink. In my past, I did enjoy beer. But I stopped being able to enjoy beer long before I stopped drinking it.

Now, I looooove fizzy water. I see you are in the u.k., do you like elderflower soda? I love it! Last time I was there I had a taste off, and marks and spencer makes a realllllly good one.

As for holidays, I'm with dee. Why jump ahead? How about be sober tomorrow and deal with the day after that when it comes? I've had several sober Christmases, sober birthdays, sober karaoke parties, you name it. All were more fun sober than drinking. Got married sober, too. It's Nice to be able to remember my wedding, it was kind of cool!

You can do it fuzzy, one day at a time!
Old 07-22-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I never liked fizzy drinks. I always drank whiskey or strong beer. But if offered a fizzy drink with alcohol in it I would of course gulp it down. But now the drink I love is water, fizzy or flat, seriously. And coffee, lots of coffee. Just please God nothing with alcohol, fizzy or otherwise!
Old 07-22-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Like wehave2day, I don't drink anymore. I could care less about alcohol and whether it's fizzy or flat. Seriously. Don't you want to get to a place where you don't care either? Stop the madness and get alcohol out of your life. Move on. So many of us have done it, and you can too! We are here to support you. What sort of actions are you going to take so that you do not drink today?
Old 07-23-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I never paid attention to fizz or no fizz. I have had flat beer, warm beer, I drank everything I could get my hands on. Now that I don't drink alcohol, I do like fizzy Pepsi.

Random memory but Sangria always p'ssed me off. Always wondered why in the heck would you water down wine? How could you get drunk off of that?