Notices

Please help

Old 07-21-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help

Hi my name is chazie and I don't know where to begin. These past 3 days has been hell for me I can't eat or sleep always crying. Over the weekend I did something that I would never ever do. God this is hard for me. I overdosed on heroine and almost died just reading it makes me want to cry. I am on a pain management for chronic pain of the lower back, anxiety meds and anti depressants. I'm scared out of my mind that my primary Dr will find out about it I live in Ohio can someone please help me.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure how to help, but I wanted to post something. Why are you scared about your Dr finding out? Are you worried that it will affect what he prescribes you for back pain? You could always see another doctor about it.

Thankfully you're still with us. You have a second chance. You can get better!
Old 07-21-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome Chaziebaby! I am sorry for the difficult circumstances that bring you here. I have little personal experience with opiates and benzos, but I know that both can cause anxiety as a withdrawal symptom. So much of the fear you are experiencing now is due to chemical imbalance. Things can and will get better!

There's lots of good information here in our Substance Abuse forum. Read around and post often!
Old 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you're so upset. Why do you think your doctor will find out? I'm glad you didn't OD. Heroin is a dangerous drug.

What sort of help are you looking for?
Old 07-21-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eshgham View Post
I'm not sure how to help, but I wanted to post something. Why are you scared about your Dr finding out? Are you worried that it will affect what he prescribes you for back pain? You could always see another doctor about it.

Thankfully you're still with us. You have a second chance. You can get better!
While I was at the hospital I guess they had red flagged me I'm not sure what that means and also will my PCP know about this when I go in to see him. I want to get off the pain pills but every time I do I get scared of the withdrawals and I find my anxiety gets worse I just sit and rock back and forth thinking. I have no health insurance to go into a program or outpatient I just feel stuck right now.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

All I have for you is a hug. I hope you can get some relief soon.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Many communities have Narcotics Anonymous meetings. This would be a good place to find someone who might have had a similar experience, and also to get information on local resources. You are not alone!
Old 07-21-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chazie

I'm really glad you found us - there's a lot of support here,. and more than a few good ideas too

D
Old 07-21-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Welcome, chazie. I think you should head right to the Doctor's office, tell him what's going on, and your fears. They'll help you.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Chazie welcome to SR, there is a lot of support here.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Chaziebaby youl find so much support & advice here welcome to the community

I have a sister who was addicted to heroin she is doing really really well now i was with her today it was really nice

You dont have to be alone ever again you have us theres always someone around 24/7

Nice to meet you spk soon
Old 07-21-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hug here.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome chazie. I'm sorry for the awful thing that happened - very glad you are here.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Chazie, I feel for ya. Sounds like a tough position to be in, and scary. Its understandable that you are shaken to the core. I am not real good at sugar coating things so I will just offer my 2 cents. I think this will require some type of medical or support group oversight. I'm guessing the pain medication and heroin are related somehow (like you are running out of pain meds, or can't get them anymore, so heroin is plan B?). Take some time and devise a game plan. Then maybe you can mentally prepare to tackle this thing head on? Wish you the best.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.

There is lots of support here so keep reading and posting.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi, chazie. I am so glad you're here to post this. This is your lucky day. You can change your life now.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I don't know if Ohio's prescription drug laws are the same as here . My friend was on Oxy and was called in for a pill check (count) he was suppose to have some left over before his next script . He didn't and that's what they did to him red flagged - which means he's cut off . Unless they or him could find a just cause to why he was out . He told them his pain got worse and just took more . They didn't buy that , only because he should have had at least half left .. Also red flagged can mean they found something in your system other than your script . That works the same .
Possible that your Dr could take that flag off if he's notified , due to being depressed if you tell them what you have been going through . This is no time to hold back your feelings from your Dr . I'm sure if you have chronic back pain , I believe they can't just deny you of some kind relief .
Try to stay calm till you know . Things will work out .
Old 07-22-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Chazie!!