Notices

Help

Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JobiJobu

Help

Hello all!

So I am having a dilemma. I need help. I tried to taper down with beer - didnt work. Now my heart is racing, but I dont want to go to the hospital because I cannot get this on my record. I need someone to talk to because my mind is not working. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Surely hospital is better than risking your health or even your life?
Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

"Now my heart is racing, but I dont want to go to the hospital because I cannot get this on my record."

sounds liek a stupid reason to end up having even worse issues. But I can relate I dont see a therapist for the same reasons.

Why did tapering not work? where you unable to taper or did you have other issues?

keep posting people are here to help and to talk too hang in there. You may want to consider seeing your doctor at the very least. Of course the decision could be made for you if things get worse. Might be easier to go on your own accord if you feel the need.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What's your true consumption level over the past 30 days? And even further beyond that if you're willing to share?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, Josh. Alcohol withdrawal can be serious, even deadly, business. Hope you change your mind and go to a doctor asap. There is a better way of life waiting for you in sobriety.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Josh

Anxiety is a huge part of detoxing for most people. This includes not wanting it on your medical records, it did for me. I tried an at home detox that was extremely dangerous and ended up in the ICU because of it. Trust me when I say going to the doctor and being given pills to help with detox is better than trying to do it with out help, if you need it.

Also, your medical records are sealed to most people. Unless you sign the right for them to be viewed, nobody except medical professionals will see them. I strongly suggest going to the doctor.

If you need someone to chat with, keep posting. This forum has someone on it 24/7 and is the main thing I credit for my sobriety, other than myself.

Please be safe.

Welcome to SR buddy.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Josh123 View Post
Hello all!

So I am having a dilemma. I need help. I tried to taper down with beer - didnt work. Now my heart is racing, but I dont want to go to the hospital because I cannot get this on my record. I need someone to talk to because my mind is not working. Any help is much appreciated.
I'd suggest seeing a doctor, your life is more important than your medical records ( which are private information anyway ).
Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Josh!!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Josh,

Welcome and PLEASE keep us posted on your journey going forward.

I was lucky and didn't need tapering or detox, but from what I've read here and elsewhere stopping cold turkey unsupervised can be deadly, please be safe.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Josh can you book a Dr's apt
Old 07-21-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Josh, how are you doing bud? Alcohol withdrawal can be life or death. Please do whatever you need to do to quit safely. If you are having worrying symptoms during withdrawal you should detox under medical supervision. Even if it ends up on your "record" you can deal with that when you get sober. Not worth continuing drinking and not worth forgoing medical help if you need it. Keep it up friend, we're rooting for you
Old 07-21-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Josh

How are things now?

D
Old 07-21-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Josh123 View Post
Hello all!

How many days in a row have you been drinking and how much?
Old 07-21-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Your medical records are confidential. No one can access them without your permission. I've gone to ER several times over the years. All related to alcohol abuse. Employers, family, even my own doctor don't know and I intend to keep it that way.