Notices

Healthy drinks

Old 07-20-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Healthy drinks

Hi all, I hope you're doing well. I'm looking for advice I've been drinking a lot of Jason Vale juice recipes lately-they are great and my body seems to be loving the nutrients. I'm just a bit worried that after about 3 years of drinking alcohol (now stopped I hasten to add) that the acid from the juices might be bad for my stomach? Any ideas? I want to carry on with the fruit drinks as they help stop cravings due to their sweetness and they feel great.
Also my sister who's doing great after nearly dying when her liver started failing is craving milk all the time-anyone able to shed light on this? Her doctor doesn't really say much.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not too sure on the ins and outs but my body repaired itself with time, all the digestive issues I had disappeared after I started looking after myself, the body is a fantastic piece of kit and will probably let you know if it's not agreeing with something!!

As long as alcohol is out of the picture, we have a chance of healing!!
Old 07-20-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Purple Knight I think you're right. My body seems to love the nutrients in the drinks. I'm craving the goodness in them-I'll stick with them for a while and see how things go.
I'm so glad my sisters drinking milk not wine or vodka-it's so lovely to have her back.

Last edited by Lookingforchange; 07-20-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: A smilie didn't work
Old 07-20-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Tropicana has a new green juice that is mostly sweet potato and is fantastic.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds good, I've been reading that root juices are great for your liver. I'll be making some for me and my sister.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I think you can find fruits - banana springs to mind - with lower amounts of acid. Things like citric acid are harmless to humans except in high dosages